Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

301 - 307 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
One name for 2023 to remember nationally: Dajuan Wagner Jr from Camden, NJ.
I don't want to take this off-topic but I had to add this. I'm not old enough to remember Milt Wagner play at Louisville, but it was in my lifetime. But the fact that he has a grandson who is a freshman in high school...that hurts my life a little.

·
Premium Member
32,797 Posts
Dajuan Wagner was who I watched a lot and would have had a long NBA career if not for career-ending illness that cut short his pro career. That feels kinda like yesterday and now his son is in HS....time flies when you’re having fun posting about UVM basketball, I guess.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I don't want to take this off-topic but I had to add this. I'm not old enough to remember Milt Wagner play at Louisville, but it was in my lifetime. But the fact that he has a grandson who is a freshman in high school...that hurts my life a little.
Did you collapse of old age in the Patrick Gym bleachers seeing Jameer Nelson Jr. on GW last week?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I heard from one of Taylor's old teammates that he has his sights set on a higher level than UVM. Not sure if that's attainable, but it's a good goal to shoot for.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I heard from one of Taylor's old teammates that he has his sights set on a higher level than UVM. Not sure if that's attainable, but it's a good goal to shoot for.
Makes sense. Otherwise he probably wouldn't have left MMU after one year and reclassified to repeat his freshman year. :)

We'll see what happens. Would be pretty cool if he filled out, blew up, and became a star. Would also be cool if he just became a very solid mid-major player who wanted to play in the Tarrant Center.

·
Premium Member
32,797 Posts
Take what a young kid says with a grain of salt, at this age. Kendrick Gray & Kam Farris wanted to go higher than UVM as well and they ended up a walk-on at ETSU (and out of hoops) and committed to Robert Morris. Bol Bowen should be hopeful UVM remains an option to him as he progresses through his prep career.

301 - 307 of 307 Posts