Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

321 - 329 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I don't believe so. I know Taylor personally and even in Middle School he was 6'+. He's listed at 6' 7".
Pretty sure he was referring to Ndayishimiye's height, which is being debated. PS - Ndayishimiye was at a recent home game sitting with his Rice assistant coach (who has a pair of season tickets) down by Tom Brennan's seats at a recent home game. Doesn't really mean anything, but it could be something. Shungu went to a few games that way in HS.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Looks like the VT HS Gatorade POY is Logan Wendell from SJA.

Is he a prospect for UVM and/or SMC?
I saw him play once (this year at Patrick Gym). I liked him: good athleticism, played aggressively. But I'd say at this moment he's a sub-D1 guy, or maybe a year of prep school would help him.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Looks like the VT HS Gatorade POY is Logan Wendell from SJA.

Is he a prospect for UVM and/or SMC?
I think the only player at the moment who most people would agree possibly has a chance at a scholarship is Ndayishimiye and even at that there's questions about his height and of course level of competition. I'm sure Wendall has plenty of good options in D3, sounds like a very good student. Some of Vermont's better talents bolted for preps. Kam Farris left and got his D1 spot...Leo Chaikin left Rice and is a 2021 and per Verbal Commits holds a SMC offer, and it's too early but the possible next legitimate scholarship guy in Tyler Bol Bowen is in the class of 2023 and only spent a year at MMU.

Some of these local upperclassmen if they were planning on playing AAU ball with a bigger program or there was a VT-based team aiming on competing in the larger tournaments are all kind of screwed in terms of exposure this summer. Not all of them can afford a prep school either unless they're given a lot of grants and aid money.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,714 Posts
I think the only player at the moment who most people would agree possibly has a chance at a scholarship is Ndayishimiye and even at that there's questions about his height and of course level of competition. I'm sure Wendall has plenty of good options in D3, sounds like a very good student. Some of Vermont's better talents bolted for preps. Kam Farris left and got his D1 spot...Leo Chaikin left Rice and is a 2021 and per Verbal Commits holds a SMC offer, and it's too early but the possible next legitimate scholarship guy in Tyler Bol Bowen is in the class of 2023 and only spent a year at MMU.

Some of these local upperclassmen if they were planning on playing AAU ball with a bigger program or there was a VT-based team aiming on competing in the larger tournaments are all kind of screwed in terms of exposure this summer. Not all of them can afford a prep school either unless they're given a lot of grants and aid money.
Well that escalated quickly....

Verbal Commits

2023 St. George's (RI) F Taylor Bol Bowen has received an offer from Iowa. Verbal Commits | Taylor Bol Bowen Player Profile, Highlights, Offers, Twitter https://t.co/rCj8WVX6wM

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Well that escalated quickly....

Verbal Commits
2023 St. George's (RI) F Taylor Bol Bowen has received an offer from Iowa. Verbal Commits | Taylor Bol Bowen Player Profile, Highlights, Offers, Twitter https://t.co/rCj8WVX6wM
Wow. Honestly good for him...but at the same time let's see where he's at by his senior year. 2023 is still far out, and serious recruitment (taking official visits/actually narrowing down your choices) starts in kid's junior years. But, good on him for getting recognized at least at this point in his career by a Big 10 school.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This didn’t age well did it? Taylor has offers from Indiana, George Mason, Clemson, UVM, Providence, Iowa, UNH, Rutgers, Marquette, URI. There is still much more to come!

321 - 329 of 329 Posts