Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

341 - 341 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
This was done recently on channel 5 recently:

Not having AAU hurt many of these guys just in terms of solidifying their college looks at the D3 level...they specifically discuss Michel and his process. I'm sure if he had a full summer he would have gotten way more interest and perhaps some scholarship talk (who knows about solidified offers) if he performed well, but I think given the situation if he's able to swing it financially (UVM should be stepping up to the plate with financial aid for someone from the New American community locally to begin with), the Shungu Deal(tm) is the best bet to probably get a Division I opportunity.

He's definitely a way better offensive talent than Shungu was coming out of high school. Probably only 5-10 in official College Height Measurement(tm)...but he does appear to have some consistent range from various highlight tapes, and Sam Jackson his AAU coach and Pecor his HS coach rave about his work ethic. Pecor raves about him as much as he did Shungu, and while HS coaches certainly talk up their guys, I'd just say when everyone thought Kendrick Gray was the second coming, Pecor made sure to keep saying it was Shungu who was the most important player on their team.

341 - 341 of 341 Posts