Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
361 - 380 of 382 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Anyone got a roster or can ID the team photo? Definitely recognize some of the Rice guys, but I don't watch enough HS hoops to know all of them.
Simplise Niyubahwe ( Mich’s Younger Brother) - Senior Colchester
Drew Bessette - Junior Rice
Noah Earl - Senior BFA
Sam Sweeny - Senior CVU
Adam Bilodeau - Senior Rice
Carter Blanchard - Senior Rice
Sharif Sharif - Senior Rice
Trevon Bradley - Senior Winooski
Mo Kanneh - Senior Rice
Charite Dzingou - Senior BHS
Tayshawn Brown - Senior Rice

· Registered
5,157 Posts
Are any of these players on the radar for UVM as walkons or scholarships. Couple with deceent size fo AE.
You never really know about walk-ons, but of the local HS products listed (i.e. not the VT Academy guys), from what I've seen of some of them I wouldn't peg any of them as being D-1 scholarship guys. I'd agree that Sharif Sharif is the best of the bunch, but from seeing him a couple times I'm not sure he has a particular skill that puts him on that D-1 level. It's not a fair comparison, because they're different style players who play different positions, but I don't think he's nearly as dynamic an all-around high school player as Ndayishimiye was.

Just from the perspective of how the high school season will go, Eli Pockette (the Rutland kid) suffered a pretty nasty lower-body football injury last week. Like, ambulance-nasty. Who knows what his basketball season will even look like this year? Tough blow for Rutland.

· Premium Member
34,712 Posts
After looking at his highlight video Pockette looks like he'd be a solid NESCAC player. Noah Tyson, also from Rutland, is at Colby and making an impact there.

· Premium Member
34,712 Posts
40!?!

Let's say you take First & Second team from D1 and then First team from D2-D4, there's 10 more kids to watch?

· Registered
5,157 Posts
40!?!

Let's say you take First & Second team from D1 and then First team from D2-D4, there's 10 more kids to watch?
The best part is there's probably still somebody under the radar because they grew up over the summer or moved into town (just kidding, young people don't move here). It'll be interesting to cross-reference this with the all-state teams at season's end.

Pretty diverse list of divisions/geography, considering the BFP's coverage area though.

· Registered
3 Posts
CVU is looking like a real contender this year, they have three starters that are phenomal three point shooters, and they have a couple solid big men on their roster.
Rice is looking to get a fourth consecutive championship this year, they have an elite roster led by Sharif Sharif and Drew Bessette.

I would love to see these two teams in the championship game. CVU fighting for their first boys basketball championship, and Rice fighting for a fourth consecutive championship. Rice has also knocked CVU out of the playoffs in the past 2 semi finals.

· Registered
5,157 Posts
Is Sharif Sharif still playing at Rice? He’s not on the roster that I found
I'm assuming you're talking about the roster on Rice's website. Also absent is Sharif's brother, Abdi.

If that is the case, that is a very recent update (both players were listed on that particular roster earlier in this season, and both players were playing as recently as this month). If they are in fact no longer with the Rice team, I don't want to speculate as to a reason at this point.

· Registered
3 Posts
I'm assuming you're talking about the roster on Rice's website. Also absent is Sharif's brother, Abdi.

If that is the case, that is a very recent update (both players were listed on that particular roster earlier in this season, and both players were playing as recently as this month). If they are in fact no longer with the Rice team, I don't want to speculate as to a reason at this point.
Sharif is suspended from the team, possibly permanently

· Registered
3,518 Posts
Not entirely sure, I heard that sharif, his brother, and mo were all involved in a fight against someone, but I can’t confirm
That's what I heard too. They are suspended pending the outcome of the law enforcement investigation. From what I heard, the video of the event in question reveals normal teenage stupidity. Probably not something that gets a person suspended permanently, but we'll see.

361 - 380 of 382 Posts