Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

181 - 200 of 209 Posts

·
Realist/A-hole
5,977 Posts
If I’m Becker I think I put Davis back in and roll the dice. Just not getting enough from other guys.
Davis can't do it by himself, and the guards are out of juice. They are pretty much done at this point. Not a single guy with enough legs to hit a three.

·
UMBC fan
4,119 Posts
Odom needs to stay with this 5 (and Owens) the rest of the way.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Murphy missed FTs and Davis missed layup ended this game.

·
UMBC fan
4,119 Posts
Both teams firing on all cylinders benefitted UVM with a 3-headed attack, both teams struggling to shoot has benefitted UMBC's depth and ability to get to the lane.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don't think I've seen Rogers' height become a defensive liability at any time during this series. And I've seen him do a lot of excellent things offensively.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Well, a split is what I expected here and if I’m being honest I think the overall body of work this year favors UMBC. So I think the right team is getting the top seed.

I feel ok about a third round without a back to back. But I also think that either of these teams can absolutely lose a semifinal if they aren’t careful. The distance between 1 and 8 is about as short as I can remember.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Congratulations to UMBC on the regular season championship. Deserves it!

I still like UVM in a championship matchup with rest heading in. We will see!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Well, a split is what I expected here and if I’m being honest I think the overall body of work this year favors UMBC. So I think the right team is getting the top seed.

I feel ok about a third round without a back to back. But I also think that either of these teams can absolutely lose a semifinal if they aren’t careful. The distance between 1 and 8 is about as short as I can remember.
The sounds right to me. I could easily see a round 3 in two weeks, or a championship without either team.

·
Registered
795 Posts
UVM looked tired. We got nothing from the bench both games, hurt tonight with starters not shooting well. Davis in foul trouble, but I don’t think it really mattered.

181 - 200 of 209 Posts