Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

161 - 180 of 209 Posts

·
UMBC fan
4,112 Posts
UMBC has had trouble playing with big leads all season, so recent history says this will undoubtedly be tight at some point this half.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,972 Posts
From a selfish perspective, I was hoping this would've happened in the second half last night. But with a back-to-back schedule season, this has been a common occurrence all year.
You guys have better quality depth. Kennedy and Akin are better than anyone coming off our bench. It's really on display here. Fortunately for Vermont, they only have to beat you in one game in March, and dead legs should not be an issue there.

Reactions: Mr quint

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
You guys have better quality depth. Kennedy and Akin are better than anyone coming off our bench. It's really on display here. Fortunately for Vermont, they only have to beat you in one game in March, and dead legs should not be an issue there.
The good news on that is that since the NIT is still going forward, if we hold onto this lead and don't win the rubber in three weeks, our season won't be over.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
The good news on that is that since the NIT is still going forward, if we hold onto this lead and don't win the rubber in three weeks, our season won't be over.
Not sure that's true. Thought I read this week the NIT is going to downscale to 16 teams from 32, wouldn't be surprised if they cut the auto bid out.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I’ve turned the corner on Akin. Was not a fan first couple years and didn’t really see why he was playing as much as he was. He’s improved a lot offensively though. Any team would want a guy like him the way he’s playing now.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
I’ve turned the corner on Akin. Was not a fan first couple years and didn’t really see why he was playing as much as he was. He’s improved a lot offensively though. Any team would want a guy like him the way he’s playing now.
That's one thing about Odom. You don't see much with the freshmen, but by the time they're upperclassmen, they're monsters. Other examples are Horvath, RJER, and Lamar.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,972 Posts
Shungu is completely out of gas.

·
Registered
699 Posts
At some point, Deloney is going to need to start making open shots. If he can’t, there isn’t much point in having him out there.

161 - 180 of 209 Posts