Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to find a place where i can buy an ignitor for my furnace so i don't have to have a tech. come out and stick it to me...
i've pretty much burned up the interweb looking for parts places and the phone book doesn't help much so i figured i'd ask my good friends here at the bbb.net.
any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
It might be cheaper to just buy a new energy efficient furnace with a non-standing (intermittant?) pilot light. With all the NW Natural rebates and tax credits, and the rapidly rising heating costs, it might not take all that long to even out.

Dan

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
What brand my uncle is a appliance repair man works on airconditionors and stuff like that.Ill ask him when i get the brand see if he can help.I concur i think a energy efficent one would be a good idea too.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dkap said:
It might be cheaper to just buy a new energy efficient furnace with a non-standing (intermittant?) pilot light. With all the NW Natural rebates and tax credits, and the rapidly rising heating costs, it might not take all that long to even out.

Dan
it's a York brand.
it doesn't have a standing pilot, that's why i need the ignitor. it automaticly light's the pilot.
i think i found a place to get one, i finally called NWnatural and talked to a tech. who hip'ed me to this place called do it yourself something or other, they were'nt open today though.
i appreciate all the help though! thanks every one!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
it doesn't have a standing pilot, that's why i need the ignitor. it automaticly light's the pilot.
If I'm not mistaken, that's the definition of a standing pilot -- it's either lit or unlit, with no ability to light itself.

Dan

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dkap said:
If I'm not mistaken, that's the definition of a standing pilot -- it's either lit or unlit, with no ability to light itself.

Dan
no, what i mean is that it lights itself when the heat needs to come on. the gas doesn't go on until the thermostat says that the pilot has been lit. if the room cools below what i have it set for, it sparks the pilot in turn heating a small thermostat, in turn turning on the gas which is then lit by the pilot light...
maybe we are mis-understanding each other... i don't know. i just know that every diagnostic i've done(on line and over the phone) has led me to believe that the problem is an ignitor.
a standing pilot stays lit all the time.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
on a side note : do we even need an OT board ? there are TEN OT: topics on the front page?!?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts