Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BasketballBoards Fat Cat
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Darrian Chapman, of NBC channel 5 news, died this morning. He collapsed while playing hockey.

He is survived by two children, Marissa and Jordan, and his wife, Deborah.
That's really sad. He seemed like a really nice, friendly, and entertaining guy. Anyone here ever meet him?

Official news from NBC 5.

(Sorry if this is too off-topic, but it seemed relevant for fans of the Bulls and Chicago sports in general.)

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Whoa.

Darrian was an up-and-comer, and one of my favorite sports anchors in Chicago. Oh man. I'm in shock.

VD

·
BasketballBoards Fat Cat
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by <b>Vin Diesel</b>!
Whoa.

Darrian was an up-and-comer, and one of my favorite sports anchors in Chicago. Oh man. I'm in shock.
Same here. It's harder to take when it's a young guy, who seems like he should have so much life ahead of him. It probably makes younger guys like us feel more vulnerable too.

How tragic and sudden. Personally, I chose to watch his NBC sports segment last night, over CBS & ABC -- and I wouldn't have thought for a second that it would be for the last time.

Life is fleeting...
:shy:

·
BasketballBoards Fat Cat
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>NorthEast Wiz</b>!
I'm just wondering was he a big guy lately? He lost maybe 50 lbs. while in DC.
He looked good last night. Maybe 200 lbs -- it's kinda hard to tell on tv.

Originally posted by <b>BamaBull</b>!
....sorry , but never heard of him....my condolences to his relatives. How old?
He was only 37. There's more information in this article from the Chicago Tribune.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
he was my favorite sportscaster on TV, i loved his sunday sports show, my condolences to his family :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts