Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
earlier, we had a poster claim that since Viktor was shooting 30% from the floor, it was proof he was a bad shooter. And that it was enough proof to show that he probably wouldn't be a good shooter.

Well, he's now shooting 50% from the floor.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
****, if Viktor is playing this well while he is under 100% healthy. AND Monia is supposedly the better prospect and shooter....we'll have one helluva player comming over next year. I am really stoked about the idea of bringing both Russians off of the bench next year. They'll need a catchy nickname.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
I am really stoked about the idea of bringing both Russians off of the bench next year. They'll need a catchy nickname.
How about "The Russian Roulette"

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
I still like the nickname of Sergei "Pneu" Monia.

Crappy spinoff comments like, "He's sick!" and "He's air powered!" come naturally from it (ok... the second one doesn't make much sense from a basketball perspective, but I grew up in a family where pneumatics were oft-discussed, and I'm sure there's something there...)

Ed O.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
"Five year plan."

Ed O.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Victor still needs to shoot more. It's selfish of him not to shoot.

I love his potential, he's showing some attributes that no other Blazer has.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Tince said:
Victor still needs to shoot more. It's selfish of him not to shoot.

I love his potential, he's showing some attributes that no other Blazer has.
So let's nickname him "Sheed".

barfo

·
Registered
499 Posts
I don't know. I don't see why people envision Khryapa and Monia coming off the bench, especially with the very impressive performances we have seen from Viktor alone. In fact, I think Khryapa should at least be getting the same amount, if not more minutes than Outlaw in our rotations. I am excited to see Monia next season and I definately think he's an improvement (with the hype alone) over what we currently have at the 2 (Derek Anderson, Damon Stademayr).

I say we start them!

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
i like the nickname "THE THUNDER BROTHERS!"

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
The Glorious Revolution
The Bear and The Wolf
The Bolshoi Brothers (Bolshoi being the premier Russian Ballet company in the world)

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
War and Peace?
Crime and Punishment?
The Brothers Krazymofos?

hmmm. maybe a little too literary for the NBA.

I always liked Twin Tweaners for Zach/SAR. maybe it'll apply to them.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ed O said:
I still like the nickname of Sergei "Pneu" Monia.

Crappy spinoff comments like, "He's sick!" and "He's air powered!" come naturally from it (ok... the second one doesn't make much sense from a basketball perspective, but I grew up in a family where pneumatics were oft-discussed, and I'm sure there's something there...)

Ed O.

I suggested that one night on courtside (forgot who came up with it..was it you?). And despite me saying it wasn't ME who came up with it, they implied that it was me who came up with it. hrumph.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts