Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to a buddy of mine who was watching FSNE,

Vin Baker has been suspended indefinitely for his third violation of the league's substance abuse policy.

Watch the papers as this breaks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
actualy it's because he failed to follow the guidlines that were in place between him and the celtics. He didn't fail any league substance abuse policy.

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
This could be very interesting. Does alcoholism permit an injury exception like the one that Orlando got a few years back for Grant Hill where most of his salary didn't count against the cap?

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
The agreement between Baker and the Celtics reportedly is for only this season and has has a provision which permits the team to withhold half his $12.975 million annual salary for this second violation.
Half of Vin's salary is off the books. This is only his 2nd violation.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Celts11</b>!

Half of Vin's salary is off the books. This is only his 2nd violation.
That article says the owners don't have to pay him half his salary. It does not mention off the books. I don't think the players assosiation would let that happen.

I don't know who Wyc Grousbeck thinks he is kidding with his quote in that article. He doesn't care about Vin Bakers well being. He only cares about how much money he can make.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Originally posted by <b>lastlaugh</b>!

I don't know who Wyc Grousbeck thinks he is kidding with his quote in that article. He doesn't care about Vin Bakers well being. He only cares about how much money he can make.
I don't think Vin Baker cares about Wyc Grosbeck's well being either. And if Vin didn't care about the money, he could always retire. Don't somehow twist this thing around to make it Grosbeck's fault. He is accountable to his partners too. Why should the Celtics pay Baker 13 million a year to get drunk?

·
Registered
57 Posts
this is nobody but Vins fault. The blame is squarely on him. Excuse my language but he **** on all the fans that stood by him and gave him standing ovations at the beginning of the year. Good bye Vin. You dont realize how good you had it. You played basketball for a living. Most would give their right arm to do that. You drank it away. I hope you get yourself straightened out but I don't want to ever see you put on that Celtics green. Too many have given too much to make it what it is. You don't deserve it.

No masking. ---agoo

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Where did I blame Wyc for this? I didn't. What I said was Wyc Grousbeck is a two faced liar who says one thing and does the exact opposite behind the scenes. That makes him a hypocrite and if you are dumb enough to buy his BS concern then by all means be an idiot.

I hope none of you ever have any kind of problem with alcohol because you are all a bunch of insensitive %%%%s.

Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!

I don't think Vin Baker cares about Wyc Grosbeck's well being either. And if Vin didn't care about the money, he could always retire. Don't somehow twist this thing around to make it Grosbeck's fault. He is accountable to his partners too. Why should the Celtics pay Baker 13 million a year to get drunk?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Poor Vinny

This is a really sad story. Somtimes stuff like this happens to great people, not just the Lawrence Taylors of the world. I wish Vinny all the luck in the world, and I hope he gets his life on track now that his basketball career is essentially over.

So, does this mean that Kendrick Perkins is going active again?

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Re: Poor Vinny

Originally posted by <b>Truth34</b>!
This is a really sad story. Somtimes stuff like this happens to great people, not just the Lawrence Taylors of the world. I wish Vinny all the luck in the world, and I hope he gets his life on track now that his basketball career is essentially over.

So, does this mean that Kendrick Perkins is going active again?
He already is (Perkins).

It really does suck for Vinnie. I supported him all the time, and am very sad to hear this.

I hope he's gets a better chance to get his life back on track...I don't know if this will help the C's at all though.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Where did I blame Wyc for this? I didn't. What I said was Wyc Grousbeck is a two faced liar who says one thing and does the exact opposite behind the scenes.
What are you talking about? Grousbeck hasn't lied about anything to my knowledge. Stop venting. You think Grousbeck is a liar, Ainge is a liar..... Oh please, spare us.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I was one of the guys that did actually support Vin and applauded his return in the beginning of the year when he was putting up pretty good numbers, so I'm really disappointed to see him get his 2nd strike and I'm not confident enough that he'll regain his respectability and be consistent enough to keep it.

I will say one thing positive, if it's true that half that money comes off the books or 85% or whatever that is without some B.S. rule screwing it up, then that's great. I want the Celtics to do better than Vin Baker. Sorry, but I want the whole to succeed more than the individual.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Where did I blame Wyc for this? I didn't. What I said was Wyc Grousbeck is a two faced liar who says one thing and does the exact opposite behind the scenes. That makes him a hypocrite and if you are dumb enough to buy his BS concern then by all means be an idiot.

I hope none of you ever have any kind of problem with alcohol because you are all a bunch of insensitive %%%%s.
If that's how you feel, I hope the next time you meet an alcoholic on a bus or on the subway and he asks you for money, you give him 13 million dollars. Because if you don't, then YOU are the hypocrite.

All of us feel sympathy for Vin that he has failed to win his battle with alcoholism. But at the same time we recognize that there have to be consequences to your actions and if he is getting drunk, he does not deseve his 13 million dollar salary. I would feel sorry for any employee who fails a drug test because he is addicted to drugs, but that doesn't mean I think he shouldn't be fired for it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts