Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There currently is a thread in the Nets forum about the possibility of RJ and VC for KG, but as I was skimming through, I saw some of the most eye opening comments I've seen in a while, including:

Now KG at 29 as already played close to 30000 minutes, thats a lot of wear and tear on his body. Whatever team trades for him, will be taking that huge contract and just a couple of years of good play
- Hbwoy on why Kevin only has a couple good years left. If Kevin only has a couple years left, Vince Carter should have no legs.

Rj can now grab almost the same amount of boards as kg
- VC_15

he is not more versatile than vc.
- VC_15 on how Vince is more versatile than KG

i don't think he will average above 10 this season
- VC_15 on KG's rebounding average

whether KG is a wing or post player is open to interpretation
- PHeNoM Z28

Vince has the ability to be a better player than KG
- PHeNoM Z28

Vince can do more things with the basketball and more things off the basketball making him a more versatile player
- PHeNoM Z28

KG is nothing but a glorified role player
- Hbwoy

vc played pf position last year, and he defended it well
- VC_15 :confused:

.........thoughts?

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
What do you expect from I nets forum? There is no way I would trade KG for Vince Carter and Richard Jefferson!

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
I am not sure where to start.... But VC is no where near as versitile as KG and the thing u said about KG being worn down and only got a few years left would mean VC has no legs is somethign I agree with..

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
well, Vince is a very popular player on this site.

A lot Net fans recognize that as long as Minny is mediocre and Rod Thorn is New Jersey's GM/president the possibilty of KG coming to NJ is gonna exist....and a lot Net fans like their team the way it is...and they should (minus needing another big man)...

so maybe they're tired hearing about KG coming to New Jersey.....i dunno

·
All my teams suck
8,686 Posts
Most of the people you took those quotes from are Carter fans, not really Nets fans. They're just trying to make VC look better than KG.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
KG's knees are giving him some pain these days, I think that's where this is coming from. Meanwhile, VC's dunking again. Also, the Nets are winning more than the Twolves. And, the Nets couldn't afford to give up Carter and Jefferson for KG.

I'm sure there were plenty of posts on the Nets board arguing these points too.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
mjm1 said:
Ras this thread is baiting :naughty:. you should no better lol
This thread is valid, in my opinion. Those who feel are being baited should refrain from posting in the thread. If you cannot handle defending your position, don't.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Premier said:
This thread is valid, in my opinion. Those who feel are being baited should refrain from posting in the thread. If you cannot handle defending your position, don't.
:clap:

·
Jedi/Sith Hybrid
1,455 Posts
Anyone who says that KG is broken down should have their head examined. Garnett has always been not only an athletic prodigy but also a very, very durable player. He'll be an excellent player well into his 30's just because he's got such an expansive skill set and bball IQ.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
R-Star said:
I did this a couple weeks ago and ended up getting suspended. Better watch yourself bro.
Actually you were suspended for calling out a fan base, which Ras has not done in his post... has he?

-Petey

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
Chaser 55 said:
[STRIKE]Most[/STRIKE] All of the people you took those quotes from are Carter fans, not really Nets fans.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
who said the nets wouldnt be as good without vince and rj and with kg? thats insane the best player and the best passer in the league would be very good together...better than right now n e ways...plus kg isnt going to get traded for ppl that will help the wolves right away, only yougn talent and draft picks

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
Premier said:
excuse me, but imo he is trying to start confrintation with posters. but next time i shall just voice my concern to a mod, my apologies

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
mjm1 said:
excuse me, but imo he is trying to start confrintation with posters. but next time i shall just voice my concern to a mod, my apologies
I am one of the moderators for the NBA General forum (among other forums) and in my opinion, Ras' motive was to display his argument in a more diverse forum where he would get some support. He did not call out any poster and certainly did not attack anyone. People are free to interpret his post however way they want. Once again, if you feel you are being baited, PM the NBA CM, Jamel Irief, or leave the thread. If you want to continue this discussion, feel free to PM me.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
This is just laughable. I see I was even quoted when not once did I mention that Vince was a better player than KG. To me its just utter stupidity for someone to trade BOTH Vince and RJ for KG when the nets really need a serviceable PF and they are good to go. Just cause am not too giddy on KG, does that make my points any less valid, and yes i consider this baiting cause why else was this trade lifted from the NETS forum only to spark debate about who or who's not better

1 - 20 of 35 Posts