Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goodness ladies and gentlemen...after seeing Vince play tonite against the pistons i'm convinced, he can regain the form of years past...wut u guyz think? is vince back?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I believe Air Canada Carter could POSSIBLY be back...For me to believe hes back...i gotta see what he can do Sunday against SHAQ and the Lakers....Hes gotta put up some numbers there

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
it's just one game...i don't wanna rain or your parade but let's wait and see what he does in the next few

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
1 bad game and he is trade bait, one good game and the VC of 2000-2001 is back for good.

VC has had many good games this year. He will have many more good games.

I'm just glad he broke his streak of so-so games, finally. I don't expect him to drop 30 a night, but I think now he has his confidence back, and he will do his best to carry our team to the ASG weekend.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Vince looked good against the Pistons. Like he did to start the season.

What impressed me was his effort on D and the nice offensive rebound he got at the end of regulation. Those blocked shots on D were sweet. VC can be a very good help defender, he just isn't a good 'on the ball' defender against quick guys. Raps should give VC a soft defensive assignment and let him roam on help D more.

Did anyone notice the crowd starting to boo Vince when the lead slipped away and he was relying on outside jumpers. I swear the crowd groaned as he put up one jumper from the top of the circle instead of driving.

After that VC drove into the lane and finished two nice buckets that gave us a chance to tie it with his 3 pointer.

The big advantage the Pistons had in overtime was that Hamilton took almost every possession into the paint for relatively easy looks, while VC settled for difficult shots (that he usually makes in the crunch). Percentages will usually favour the team with the easier looks.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Originally posted by <b>lucky777s</b>!
Vince looked good against the Pistons. Like he did to start the season.

What impressed me was his effort on D and the nice offensive rebound he got at the end of regulation. Those blocked shots on D were sweet. VC can be a very good help defender, he just isn't a good 'on the ball' defender against quick guys. Raps should give VC a soft defensive assignment and let him roam on help D more.

Did anyone notice the crowd starting to boo Vince when the lead slipped away and he was relying on outside jumpers. I swear the crowd groaned as he put up one jumper from the top of the circle instead of driving.

After that VC drove into the lane and finished two nice buckets that gave us a chance to tie it with his 3 pointer.

The big advantage the Pistons had in overtime was that Hamilton took almost every possession into the paint for relatively easy looks, while VC settled for difficult shots (that he usually makes in the crunch). Percentages will usually favour the team with the easier looks.

they werent booing vince, they were booing the team in general because they were playin like ****

·
Registered
816 Posts
I heard the groan too....Vince took a jump shot and there was definately a collective "oh man, not again" type sound from the croud.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>madman</b>!
Wow welcome back on the bandwagon everyone
I have never left the Vince bandwagon. :D

Kidding aside, I have always said that Vince is a better defender than most people want to say. He can be a very good as a help defender. It is always easier to be a good defender when you have a PAINT PROTECTER. And IMHO, he has the sweetest "J" and he can drive to the bucket with the best of them = rare, rare to be both a great shooter and a scorer.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>sammysamosa</b>!
My goodness ladies and gentlemen...after seeing Vince play tonite against the pistons i'm convinced, he can regain the form of years past...wut u guyz think? is vince back?
Weren't you the one that made the thread "Vince Carter sucks"?

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Kids thread.

WTF, it wasnt Vince suddenly went back to where he was, it had a lot to do with the opposing team style of play.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Originally posted by <b>sammysamosa</b>!
And Popeye Jones had a career night with 28 rebounds one time, and another time with 25 points.

By point is that was just ONE game. When Vince goes hot for a streak of 10 games, then he is back, and until then its just one game luck.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John</b>!
Kids thread.

WTF, it wasnt Vince suddenly went back to where he was, it had a lot to do with the opposing team style of play.
If you watched the game, you'd know that Vince played like dynamite. When Vince plays like that, the opposing team's style of play is irrelevant. He does what he wants, when he wants to, and how he wants to. That's what I saw yesterday, and I'm looking forward to seeing it again and again this season.

·
Registered
187 Posts
until he can consistantly play with this kind of enthusiasm (when was the last time you saw him playing with that kind of emotion), i'm still gonna doubt his real passion for the game nowadays.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SlamDunkShot</b>!
until he can consistantly play with this kind of enthusiasm (when was the last time you saw him playing with that kind of emotion), i'm still gonna doubt his real passion for the game nowadays.
Dude, I'm telling B-Mitch you said that!

·
Registered
372 Posts
well.....today's game proved that he is back.......he can drive and get to the line.....
I can see VC's scoring average boosting back up to top 10....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts