Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YAAAAAA i jus bought my tickets right now and I am sooooo hyped about going. I'm goin wit a bud. If it is anything like I heard last years was, then this years will be good as well...

Does anyone know who is going? I know probably Vince ;) Mo Pete, JYD are gonna be there...is there word on anyone else!?

Is anyone else going? I'm gonna be in section 102 row 12.....so watch out for the loudest fans in the arena! :D

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yup I believe there are more available.
I got great seats because my buddy's Mom is the official organizer for the advertisement (or somethin along those lines) so she got 4 of us great seats.

She told me that Iverson, Nash, Shaq and TMAC will headline the event with Vince. She also said that Vince might be the only Raptor because he want's almost all team's represented this year. The names are not confirmed yet so they are subject to change. The second I get the full roster i'll post it here.

PS: If you guy' are there dont boo T-Mac, this event is for Toronto charity and if he want's to take part in it it's for the benifit of the city.Boo him when the Magic come to town

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by JUNKIE
Yup I believe there are more available.
I got great seats because my buddy's Mom is the official organizer for the advertisement (or somethin along those lines) so she got 4 of us great seats.

She told me that Iverson, Nash, Shaq and TMAC will headline the event with Vince. She also said that Vince might be the only Raptor because he want's almost all team's represented this year. The names are not confirmed yet so they are subject to change. The second I get the full roster i'll post it here.

PS: If you guy' are there dont boo T-Mac, this event is for Toronto charity and if he want's to take part in it it's for the benifit of the city.Boo him when the Magic come to town
from what i hear tmac will NOT be participating in this years event. it is jus a thinkg i heard....i may be wrong but im almost positive he will not be in it.....

if nash is there....i will be happy, sportin my nash jersey! :D

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I dont know sime this is what she told me. I dont see any reason he wouldent, He was here last year for caribanna with the rest of the NBA guy's so was Iverson and Shaq and many many other's. Once again what I posted is by no means official they might all be there maybe none will be there. Not everything is finalized so those are just the players who have verbally agreed to come I believe.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by JUNKIE
I dont know sime this is what she told me. I dont see any reason he wouldent, He was here last year for caribanna with the rest of the NBA guy's so was Iverson and Shaq and many many other's. Once again what I posted is by no means official they might all be there maybe none will be there. Not everything is finalized so those are just the players who have verbally agreed to come I believe.
but why didnt any of those 3 players play in vince's game? tmac does occasionally come up to tdot to check up on friends and stuff, but ai?? shaq held his own charity game...so....

im still not keen on tmac comin...i would love to see it...but for some reason i think he will back out...cuz u know vince asked him...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its a gut feeling i guess. i wanna see dmiles and jrich there...so we have some dunk off or somethin eh...

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
I don't have tickets, and there is no released list yet, but I went last year and I can tell you this...

Almost CERTAINLY Antawn Jamison and probably Shammond Williams will be there. If you're looking for a Mav, it probably won't be Nash, Fin Dog was there last year. Zo was at last year's game and is friends with Vince.

As for Shaq and Ivy, they were both at Jason Terry's ASG last year in Atlanta. HOPEFULLY JT'll invite Vince to his, cuz I'm a big fan of Terry's and would like to see him in Toronto (you know, Vince would probably return the favour). T-Mac will probably be there, him and Vince are tight, but he wasn't at last year's.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Budweiser_Boy
I don't have tickets, and there is no released list yet, but I went last year and I can tell you this...

Almost CERTAINLY Antawn Jamison and probably Shammond Williams will be there. If you're looking for a Mav, it probably won't be Nash, Fin Dog was there last year. Zo was at last year's game and is friends with Vince.

As for Shaq and Ivy, they were both at Jason Terry's ASG last year in Atlanta. HOPEFULLY JT'll invite Vince to his, cuz I'm a big fan of Terry's and would like to see him in Toronto (you know, Vince would probably return the favour). T-Mac will probably be there, him and Vince are tight, but he wasn't at last year's.
When do you think they will release the list? I hope soon cuz I am honestly dying to find out. I hear Bow wow is perfomin at halftime :cry: but thats rumor.

I hope its some crazy game though....i hope they get the fans in it right away with some sick dunks.

Since you were at it last year....when you got to the arena....were they signing stuff? cuz im like row 12 or reds....(pretty good) and im wonderin if u can go to the court and ask for autographs and stuff?

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Alright, I was upper bowl, so no autographs for me. And if I DO go this year, it'll prolly be upper bowl again. But pre-game, there was a shootaround, which was more of a dunk-around. Vince Carter did his through the legs dunk, and a lot of other crazy stuff happened. At halftime last year, Kardinall Offishal performed, and I too, have heard rumours about Lil' Bow Wow coming up here.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright, I was upper bowl, so no autographs for me. And if I DO go this year, it'll prolly be upper bowl again. But pre-game, there was a shootaround, which was more of a dunk-around. Vince Carter did his through the legs dunk, and a lot of other crazy stuff happened. At halftime last year, Kardinall Offishal performed, and I too, have heard rumours about Lil' Bow Wow coming up here.
so chances of me gettin autographs are slim to none at best?

what did u think overall of the event? i am soooooo hyped u don't understand, im just wonderin if they hype is worth it....

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dude, you're gonna have a wicked time. Me & two friends went last year, and if we had a great time up in the upper bowl, you're gonna love it man! Think of it as a Raptors game atmosphere, playoffs, game 7, and multiply that by 10.
oh man, i wanna see who is gonna be there...cuz i have a collection of jersey's so i have to pick and choose. of course i wanna take vince's jersey, but i gotta show some variety...i really wanna wear my miles jersey...

if the atmosphere is explosive then i'll be goin bananas. seriously...how was the game? what happened during breaks? i wanna know all!

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
You know Cedric the Entertainer? He was there, and so were Kenny "The Jet" Smith and Eddie Griffin (not the ball player, the comedian), commentators/celebrity coaches. It was real fun. During timeouts they would start saying stuff into the mike to the crowd, and the Raptor and Eddie Griffin had a foot race! The great thing is the time outs and quarter breaks are the only ones because it's not televised, therefore no TV timeouts.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You know Cedric the Entertainer? He was there, and so were Kenny "The Jet" Smith and Eddie Griffin (not the ball player, the comedian), commentators/celebrity coaches. It was real fun. During timeouts they would start saying stuff into the mike to the crowd, and the Raptor and Eddie Griffin had a foot race! The great thing is the time outs and quarter breaks are the only ones because it's not televised, therefore no TV timeouts.
that sounds so amazing. i saw the pic of eddie griffin and the raptor or raptors.com...

what was ur favourite part about the whole show? i heard vince gave some kind words to the fans after the game

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Yeah, Vince addressed the crowd and said he'd have it for 6 more years!!! And It'd be hard to say my favourite part, but probably either Michael Finley's half-court buzzer beater, Vince's last dunk to cap the game, or Jerome Williams' three 3-point attempts, for sheer comic value. :D

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, Vince addressed the crowd and said he'd have it for 6 more years!!! And It'd be hard to say my favourite part, but probably either Michael Finley's half-court buzzer beater, Vince's last dunk to cap the game, or Jerome Williams' three 3-point attempts, for sheer comic value. :D
AIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BALLS right!? Michael Finley had a buzzer beater? that must have got the crowd go wild. what was the funniest part?

i hope you do not mind me asking so many questions. its just i havent been to an event like this in a while....my last basketball game was philly in december...so its been a while....

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Originally posted by sime

AIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BALLS right!? Michael Finley had a buzzer beater? that must have got the crowd go wild. what was the funniest part?

i hope you do not mind me asking so many questions. its just i havent been to an event like this in a while....my last basketball game was philly in december...so its been a while....
LOL Man, you know I don't remember everything, the funniest part was probably this race they had, and Cedric teh Entertainer said "The winner of this gets free plane tickets on Air Canada to the first flight ever to Richmond, Virginia", or some other city in VA. I was cracking up right there, and the contestants had to go around the court or something in inflatable Air Canada airplanes. :laugh:

Anyway if I go maybe we can meet up there. :)

1 - 20 of 81 Posts