Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
If it was player for player no contracts involved no I wouldn't do it. I am a raptor fan and therefore a Vince Carter fan and he has brought so much to the country and to the city of Toronto that it would just hurt to see him leave.

Allen Iverson would be a fan attraction obviously but because of his attitude and his past he might as well just give the Koala (Lenny Wilkens) a heart attack.

If toronto did this deal including contracts they would pick up around 2 million dollars. That is something they don't want.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
If it was ever done, the team getting AI would probably be getting more talent, but they are also taking on AI's personal problems. I'd take VC just becuase of that.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I would not trade Vince for AI but I would trade AI for Vince.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would rather have AI than Vince any day. Toronto did better last year WITHOUT VINCE than they did with him. When the sixers loose AI they get killed. AI is more valuble to his team, AND more talented than Vince Carter is.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
AI is not more tallented than Vince. Vince was injured last year and everyone kept acting like he should still put up the same numbers. You'll eat your words when Vince comes back with a vengance this year. If AI is so good why has Vince led allstar balloting for 2 years straight? AI's a punk.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2 advantages...

AI's only 2 advantages over Vince are that he is the quickest in the L, and he probably has the most heart in the L. Otherwise, yeah, he is a punk who jacks up 40 shots a game.
Oh, and R-Star, learn how to spell TALENTED.
AI was MVP, All-Star MVP, ROY, scoring champ 2 in a row,he dragged his team to the finals by his teeth, etc. Vince hasn't a thing. AI is a proven player, once Vince gets any of that, I'll talk about that trade. Notic eHow they did BETTER without VC.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally posted by <b>R-Star</b>!
AI is not more tallented than Vince. Vince was injured last year and everyone kept acting like he should still put up the same numbers. You'll eat your words when Vince comes back with a vengance this year. If AI is so good why has Vince led allstar balloting for 2 years straight? AI's a punk.
You are a fool. AI was injured the whole playoffs in Philla's finals run. He was working on one leg, and had a bum shoulder. In the finals he would cover his mouth with his jersey when running up court and spit out blood so he wouldn't have the official see the blood and take him out. Vince leads the allstar balloting because of ignorant people like you who think he is the greatest because of a few nice dunks. If you think leading the allstar balloting is a great accomplishment you don't know what you are talking about.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Ok first of, Ballinfreak. I didnt know we were in gramar class but if you want to try to talk to me about spelling, maybe you should check your posts first. As far as AI, who told you he was spitting blood? Because I never saw that. And if the guy had so much heart, and loved the game so much, he would go to practice. He thinks hes too good for it. Well guess what, hes not. The only reason you two think AI is the man is because you think its cool that hes a thug. The guy can barley speak passable english. If VC came in and was all tatooed up and talking about his crew like Iverson does, you'd love him. Iverson has heart, thats pretty funny. Oh, and Vince has had a FEW nice dunks? Your kidding right? Hes was voted #1 dunker of all time in slam. I think you need more than a few to get that. You could say his 3 dunks in the dunk contest were a few. But then theres all the regular season ones hes pulled off too. And about Iverson playing imjured all the time, so did Vince, he was injured almost all last year. Thats why he didnt put up his usual numbers. But I mean what am I ever bringing this up for, Iverson has heart, Vince doesnt. Right?

·
This...is BBB.net
5,416 Posts
Re: amen...

Originally posted by <b>ballinfreakNY</b>!
Thank you, finally someone else who knows basketball and actually looks at the truth. VC is all flash. Amen.

I personally hate both players...so I have no bias....I find Vince to be all flash no cash...and AI to be too selfish...I personally wouldn't want either of them on my team if I was the coach. If I was the owner it would be another story as they put people in the seats and sell merchandise, but as far as team chemistry goes neither of them really do it for me. I would much rather have a T-mac or a Kobe someone who plays defence, will pass, is not afraid to take it to the hole because they are worried about being labeled a dunker, will show up to practice etc etc. Just a few things that either AI or VC don't do some of them both of them don't do.

So AI for VC?? I don't think either team does it....I think unless Vince comes back with a vengence you won't get market value for him...and as for AI...Portland anyone?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basketball_jesus</b>!
Toronto did better last year WITHOUT VINCE than they did with him.

what!!! do you know what youre saying?? did you do any research on the subject??

go check the teams that toronto played w/ out VC

·
Registered
162 Posts
all this toalk about AI taking his team all by himself to the finals, i think you people are forgetting that vince took AI to 7 games that year, they were quite clearly the best two players in the eastern conference that year and AI was the mvp(although despite the hoopla everyone makes over his lack of supposting cast, mutombo and mckie played very well throughtout the playoffs that year, at least as well as antonio davis and the rest of the raptors)

anyway, would i do it? hmm i dno i definitely would not trade vince for iverson bewcause of iversons personal problems, but i dont know if id trade ai for vince, but i probably would, vince is a 25 5 and 5 guy when healthy

·
Registered
24 Posts
madd luv to AI..but you can't front on VC..he's definitely more valuable when both are equally healthy..

like dude said, "I would not trade Vince for AI but I would trade AI for Vince."

simple as that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts