Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
duke of new york, a#1
Joined
·
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)


Vince got the most votes overall again this year. Vince finished with 2,127,183 votes, almost 500,000 more than his closest competition for the Eastern Forward spot, Jermaine O'Neal (1,629,054). Vince finished with about 140,000 more votes than the second overall vote-getter, Ben Wallace.


Listen to Vince's reaction:
http://www.nba.com/media/raptors/Jan29-Vince1.mp3
http://www.nba.com/media/raptors/Jan29-Vince2.mp3


Starters:

EASTERN CONFERENCE
F - Vince Carter, Toronto
F - Jermaine O’Neal, Indiana
C - Ben Wallace, Detroit
G - Allen Iverson, Philadelphia
G - Tracy McGrady, Orlando
Coach: Rick Carlisle, Indiana

WESTERN CONFERENCE
F - Tim Duncan, San Antonio
F - Kevin Garnett, Minnesota
C - Yao Ming, Houston
G - Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers
G - Steve Francis, Houston
Coach: Flip Saunders, Minnesota
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,649 Posts
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

i hope this sheds some light into VC from all the harsh criticism and trade rumours that's been going around the league lately.
 

·
Fear The Red
Joined
·
8,910 Posts
A game with no D might exactly be what the doctor ordered for VC this way he'll remember what normal games for him used to be for him
 

·
Let's Go Streaking!
Joined
·
6,994 Posts
i hope carter have a great GAME

AND SHOW HE'S IN THE TOP 10 OF THE NBA AND SHOW OF HIS TALENT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
564 Posts
who cares...he still ins;t playing that well and thats what matters... not all-star votes... i would rather him be playing great and not be in the all-star game then playing the way he is and become the leading vote getter
 

·
duke of new york, a#1
Joined
·
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by <b>ElevatorMan</b>!
who cares...he still ins;t playing that well and thats what matters... not all-star votes... i would rather him be playing great and not be in the all-star game then playing the way he is and become the leading vote getter
:cry:

He's on his way back up, don't fret. The ASG weekend will help his self esteem.
 

·
Oladipo for the people
Joined
·
48,150 Posts
Originally posted by <b>speedythief</b>!


:cry:

He's on his way back up, don't fret. The ASG weekend will help his self esteem.
Exactly.

Bubbles is a smart man guys, listen to him. And give him some money for kitty food and go cart gas if you can spare.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
510 Posts
Yao Ming over Shaq again :gopray:
 

·
Oladipo for the people
Joined
·
48,150 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
Vince Carter is going to break Michael Jordan's record of 10 allstar leading vote-getter. Vince is 27 and he has 4
I highly doubt that will happen.
 

·
Tru Warier
Joined
·
13,699 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DINOSAUR</b>!
Yao Ming over Shaq again :gopray:
Why are you praying?? This year Yao actually deserves to start! Same can't be said about his teammate Francis though :upset:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>R-Star</b>!


I highly doubt that will happen.
Are you kidding me? He already has the recognition as the greatest dunker ever. Considering that, I'd guarantee that no fan will ever forget Vince, therefore their first priority in voting would be to vote Vince. Tell me, who's going to be the better dunker than Vince that everyone would soon forget about him and cause the total votes of Vince to get smaller and smaller? No one.
 

·
duke of new york, a#1
Joined
·
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
Are you kidding me? He already has the recognition as the greatest dunker ever. Considering that, I'd guarantee that no fan will ever forget Vince, therefore their first priority in voting would be to vote Vince. Tell me, who's going to be the better dunker than Vince that everyone would soon forget about him and cause the total votes of Vince to get smaller and smaller? No one.
Vince just squeeked-by this year. 140,000 votes isn't much. The odds of him going for another six years, consecutive or not, are very, very slim.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,649 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Yao Mania</b>!


Why are you praying?? This year Yao actually deserves to start! Same can't be said about his teammate Francis though :upset:
:werd:
can't believe he got more votes than Cassell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
564 Posts
thats why i hate fan voting... francis doesn't even deserve to be in the game let alone starting... the fans just saw him in the game last year so they voted him in agian... and because of his dunk contest 4 years ago.... no offence to VC but Ron Ron deserves to start.... just my opinion
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,580 Posts
VC won't break MJ's record, not unless he starts playing better. How long do you think before the rest of the world realise how much he's sucking these days? He barely got 1st place this year, because of his poor play.. last year he was injured, but I guess he got a lot of pity votes.. but you can clearly see that his popularity is dropping. VC needs to start playing with more heart. He has the greatest fans in the world who support him no matter what, so he needs to return the favor by playing his very best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
why are the jersey's so damn ugly
 

·
Chillin'
Joined
·
20,141 Posts
Originally posted by <b>c_dog</b>!
VC won't break MJ's record, not unless he starts playing better. How long do you think before the rest of the world realise how much he's sucking these days? He barely got 1st place this year, because of his poor play.. last year he was injured, but I guess he got a lot of pity votes.. but you can clearly see that his popularity is dropping. VC needs to start playing with more heart. He has the greatest fans in the world who support him no matter what, so he needs to return the favor by playing his very best.
Come on.. they voted him in when he only played 10 games last year. You actually think it'll slow down? Unless he has a career-ending injury I expect him to come close, or even break MJ's record.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top