Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KingofNewark said:
I STILL can't believe Thorn got him for NOTHING. All hail the greatness that is Rod! :worship:

exactly..people should be bowing their heads!!!

Im not kidding!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KingofNewark said:
I STILL can't believe Thorn got him for NOTHING. All hail the greatness that is Rod! :worship:

He actually gave up something to get VC..I believe Netincome refers to them as "trinkets and baubles"

LOL

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Nets1524512 said:
He actually gave up something to get VC..I believe Netincome refers to them as "trinkets and baubles"

LOL
LOL, and who is whom in that?

-Petey

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Petey said:
LOL, and who is whom in that?

-Petey
Eric Williams and the draft picks are the trinkets...Zo and Aaron Williams are the baubles..

Im not 100% sure on that though..you might want to ask NI...LOL

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
While as a Nets fan I am very happy that Vince is playing again at a high level, as a basketball fan, I am very disturbed by what he did in Toronto.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
cpawfan said:
While as a Nets fan I am very happy that Vince is playing again at a high level, as a basketball fan, I am very disturbed by what he did in Toronto.
Toronto? What are you talking about?

Vince Carter never played Hockey!!!

-Petey

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cpawfan said:

He did nothing wrong in toronto..the media made things up to trash him..unless you believe that he gave his teams plays away..which no one thinks is true.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
I didn't know he was scoring THAT much...Whats scary about that is that it doesn't even seem like he's looking to score that much during games. Imagine if he thought score first, pass second like AI :eek:

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Nets1524512 said:
He did nothing wrong in toronto..the media made things up to trash him..unless you believe that he gave his teams plays away..which no one thinks is true.
Based upon your answer, you are stating that Vince was playing the same in Toronto as is he is for the Nets.

Vince whined, moaned, sulked and underperformed his way out of Toronto. Vince was on the trading block because he no longer had a positive impact on the Raptors chances of winning games. Thorn acquired damaged goods and they were damaged by self-infliction.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Nets1524512 said:

ohhhhhhhhkay...i need to put a stop to this right now!!!!! THATS THE WHOLE POINT...HE DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN TORONTO.....he let Derek Anderson drop 25 poitns on us...man i swear u shouldve watched him that game..that was just bloody disgusting...he was letting DA driive past him like it tractor traylor guarding Boykins on the perimeter....he gave absolutely nothing in Toronto, he doggin it like he dint care (he really dint) all he did was collect his fat paycheck and dint give a damn....explain to me how many games this season VC has single handedly won for you guys???? we had him on the BENCH for 4 games while we mounted a HUGE comeaback...watch raptors games...do ur research before u make a ridiculous comment like he did nothing wrong in toronto...

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
adhir1 said:
ohhhhhhhhkay...i need to put a stop to this right now!!!!! THATS THE WHOLE POINT...HE DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN TORONTO.....he let Derek Anderson drop 25 poitns on us...man i swear u shouldve watched him that game..that was just bloody disgusting...he was letting DA driive past him like it tractor traylor guarding Boykins on the perimeter....he gave absolutely nothing in Toronto, he doggin it like he dint care (he really dint) all he did was collect his fat paycheck and dint give a damn....explain to me how many games this season VC has single handedly won for you guys???? we had him on the BENCH for 4 games while we mounted a HUGE comeaback...watch raptors games...do ur research before u make a ridiculous comment like he did nothing wrong in toronto...

If the Raps had better management and a steady veteran coach (not a rookie) then maybe Vince would not have hated playing for Toronto so much.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
adhir1 said:
Thanks for that..GO NETS!!!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
it was all part of a masterful plan. vince had to do everything the opposite in toronto so management will hate him so much they would want to get rid of him at almost any cost.

yup, rod and vince talked this up about 2yrs ago.... :cheers:

that is how masterful rod it!!!

:biggrin: :banana:
then again...i could be wrong. hehe

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
KingofNewark said:
If the Raps had better management and a steady veteran coach (not a rookie) then maybe Vince would not have hated playing for Toronto so much.
That's the key. Toronto managment created an environment that was really horrible. And as Nets fans we really know a thing or 2 about horrible situations. Way too many coaching changes and systems went through there. Then people start believing the one constant thing is the problem. That constant was VC. It took a toll. He had no control over all those changes. It has to effect your performance after awhile.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
adhir1 said:
So really by agreeing that he did nothing in Toronto, you're saying that even your own comments are ridiculous... :clap:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts