Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can't this man do on the offensive side of the ball? Last night he was indomnitable again on the offensive side of the ball (and, IMO, is playing much better defense these days). Threes, drives to the hoop, out on the break (finally, Carter seems to be getting the fast break thing w/ the Nets), catch and shoot, passing, and the most important and best thing, IMO, was his play in the post. He absolutely abused whoever was guarding him in the post last night (mostly Maggette). And in the second half, when the Clips brought a double every time he had the ball in the post, VC moved the ball expertly and quickly, and STILL was able to score 11 points (an approximation) in the period.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
He makes the game look too easy at times (offensively), second to IMO T-Mac. They both look like they are taking long easy strides when they run... unlike other guys whom are huffing, puffing. When they trail behind on the play, that doesn't mean they are out of the offense. When they drive to the basket, guys in front of them seem to part, unlike AI and Pierce, why Carter doesn't get many fouls called.

Yeah he is an amazing offensive player.

-Petey

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've said this before and I'll say it again, I think he's the best offensive player in the league. Very underated shooter, good passer, excellent in the post, can handle contact and still score, and the best one on one player in the league.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
crimsonice said:
I've said this before and I'll say it again, I think he's the best offensive player in the league. Very underated shooter, good passer, excellent in the post, can handle contact and still score, and the best one on one player in the league.
The great thing about him, is that he's got the one-on-one moves, but he uses them within the team context. He doesn't just go off, doing his thing, he gets his points within the flow of the offiense.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just dont like the fact that he doesnt seem to run the break. I watched him very closely the last couple of games and he tends to stop at the 3 point line instead of running all the way through.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KiddisaBlaze said:
I just dont like the fact that he doesnt seem to run the break. I watched him very closely the last couple of games and he tends to stop at the 3 point line instead of running all the way through.
I thought the last 2 games he's been incredible on the break. Often both starting it w/ a rebound and finishing it at the holen as the trailer.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
I dont want to bash any fans on this board, but I have been saying Carter is trulely versatile offensive player unlike some call T-mac, James Garnett they are just fake versatile.

And I said with teh right supporting cast, Carter would lead his team to a championship.

I wish he was still 25 instead of 28 now, lol what he would have done if his athleticism was still at his top. watched that dunk on Duncan in the early 02-03 season?

I just wish Carter had those athleticism again so he would be easily the best one on one player along with Kobe in this league.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'm not concerned whether he's the most versatile, the best, second best, or whatever. Botttom line, he's a very solid SG who fits well into the Nets team concept. The Nets are only a few pieces away from again being a major Eastern Conference power. And thanks mostly to Carter, they will be far less vulnerable to offensive droughts than previous Kidd era Nets teams.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
John said:
I just wish Carter had those athleticism again so he would be easily the best one on one player along with Kobe in this league.
I think he'll get back to that level, next season.
His season with the Nets is just a warm up for him. Remember, he hasn't played like these in years, and it takes time to build his strength back.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
John said:
I wish he was still 25 instead of 28 now, lol what he would have done if his athleticism was still at his top. watched that dunk on Duncan in the early 02-03 season?
i think too many people focus on age too much in the nba. he has matured as a player now and plays both sides of the floor and is more of a polished nba basketball player. in toronto he was really just a 'baller' in regards of doing amazing things on the offensive end. i rather have the basketball player vince carter who is 28 than the offensiveminded vince carter. yes he might have been more spectacular in some people's minds back then, but for everyone who has watch him with the Nets-he hasn't lost a step. along with his defensive play-he is even more amazing to me that he plays hard on defense and still has the stamina and energy on the offensive end to do his amazing dunks/layups etc. not to mention he is in a different role now and next year you will see more dunks and stuff because rj will be back along with hopefully a PF we pick up in FA where vince can creep behind the defense and recieve passes from rj creating FOR vince. so many possibilities for vince next yr in his growth, can't wait

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Would someone share with me the evidence that Vince Carter is not as explosive as he used to be? I thought that debate ended in the all-Star game.

He is playing better than his cousin, better than his brother-in-law, better than Garnett, better than Kobe.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
NetIncome said:
Would someone share with me the evidence that Vince Carter is not as explosive as he used to be? I thought that debate ended in the all-Star game.

He is playing better than his cousin, better than his brother-in-law, better than Garnett, better than Kobe.
better than his brother in law, argubaly better then kobe, but not better than Garnett or Tmac...garnett's team may be struggling but he puts up outrageous numbers and T-mac gets the nod over vince because vince tanked half the season in Toronto. Otherwise, vince and Tmac have very similar numbers.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Y'all should listened to John ;) Vince > Penny in his prime.

Also, I may have missed something, but who is Vince's brother-in-law?

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Greg Ostertag! said:
Y'all should listened to John ;) Vince > Penny in his prime.

Also, I may have missed something, but who is Vince's brother-in-law?
Antwann Jamison.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts