Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carter clearly has the talent to perform on another level, but to some extent he needs players to push him. Kidd has filled that role here in New Jersey.

If for some reason Kidd is not a next year, what will be the affect on Carter's play?

Will we get the Toronto VC?

Will VC motivate himself?

Is capable of motivating VC, much like Kidd? Or doesn't he have that level of respect yet?

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
if we dont have kidd next year, RJ will motivate him.

Reactions: Petey

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
RJ will keep him going I think, Frank too. I think just playing with Kidd has upped his confidence level a lot.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't think Kidd will leave NJN, I hope not

Reactions: Petey

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
we have seen this is toronton....when we had Antonio Davis and Charles Oakley...they always kept VC going...Oak would come right out and challenge VC to play better...and tellt he media that he was the one who lost the game..and the blame should go on him..and VC would start playing amazing ball...but also caused a rift between them..that made is win (weird i no) because to prove those 2 wrong....VC would play out of this world...i dont no how much of a motivator RJ can be...because he is younger then Vince...Jkidd is perfect leader for the team...and u should do everything u can to keep him...or else VC will be good for a season or two...but then start playing bad....and u will get the VC from the past 3 years...

·
Registered
685 Posts
Why even ask this question? Kidd will be here. He's under contract for four more years and couldn't just leave even if he wanted to, which I doubt.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
pinetar said:
Why even ask this question? Kidd will be here. He's under contract for four more years and couldn't just leave even if he wanted to, which I doubt.
I assume PSU means him asking for a trade if we end the season poorly.

-Petey

·
Registered
210 Posts
I doubt Kidd would ask for a trade even if the Nets had a bad end to the season and missed the playoffs. I think Kidd knows that with RJ coming back next year and Nets signing a decent PF this team has a lot of potential.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts