Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People Vince Carter should have asked to be added to team USA. He has to stay in the spotlight or he's gonna end up on a Penny Hardway/Grant Hill hasbeen level. P.S. Ray Allen, buddy, you were stupid for not playing, you're already going down quicker than Dennis Rodman at an all-male nightclub, you may be next onm the all-hasbeen team.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I never thought about it....but I actually think that would be a great idea for VC to go on that team.

It would make VC some extra NBA friends to try to bring to the Raps....VC would play with AD.....and it would show that he is the best....

but that isn't going ot hapen. he is coming out and taking OVER in 2002/2003 season and he ain't going to be no has been!

·
Registered
283 Posts
No he cant do that what if he gets injured again.He needs to have an injury free season so they could try to get to to the finals.vince cant be forgotten atleast by canada hes the most popular athlete there.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Your strings of clueless remarks are really starting to get to me. Have you ever heard of this guy called Wayne Gretzky?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah but thats in the past, in case you havn't heard Gretzky retired a few years back. I think he does something for the Pheonix Coyotes now.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I wasn't talking to you... and, my point was, VC isn't the most popular athlete in Canada, he doesn't even play the most popular sport in Canada.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Living in Canada Vince Carter is by far are most popular athlete. He has the whole country in a frenzy and basketball is growing in huge numbers up here.

Last week he held a charity game with not a great list

-ZO
-Stackhouse
-Jamison

And alot of scrubs. There was 20,000 people at the game. Whatever Vince Carter does it makes huge headlines.

Of course Hockey is number 1 but as far as most popular active athlete up here. Just about everyone will agree he is.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I assume he was asked

And that he declined the offer. Unless the NBA didn't want him on the team because of the way he acted the last time he was on it. Didn't he start a fight or something?

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I am going to have to go with the Kings fan on this one

·
Registered
924 Posts
The USA Team is now in the process of asking Michael Jordan to join the team.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Come on CoolHandLuke, no need to get angry just because I corrected your mistake, as a matter of fact you should thank me for trying to point out your mistake. Anyways, you're welcome in advance.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mr. Vin Diesel</b>!
Come on CoolHandLuke, no need to get angry just because I corrected your mistake, as a matter of fact you should thank me for trying to point out your mistake. Anyways, you're welcome in advance.
haha :laugh:..vince carter is not the most popular athlete in canada. i'm gonna agree with coolhand and say that gretsky is probably it.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Hi people I live in Canada

let me copy my post again since it seems no one has noticed.

"Living in Canada Vince Carter is by far are most popular athlete. He has the whole country in a frenzy and basketball is growing in huge numbers up here.

Last week he held a charity game with not a great list

-ZO
-Stackhouse
-Jamison

And alot of scrubs. There was 20,000 people at the game. Whatever Vince Carter does it makes huge headlines.

Of course Hockey is number 1 but as far as most popular active athlete up here. Just about everyone will agree he is"

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Why should VC go play and risk injury? He needs the rest so he can get back to 100% for the regular season. Think....

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
VC's injury is real

So it's ok for him to miss it. It's the bogus injuries, like Ray Allen's, that get to me.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Look For...

Vince Carter to be top 5ive in MVP voting this year. He is gonna have a crazy year.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
These international competitions with NBA players is getting really stale to most NBA stars, Carter shouldn't play he needs to be ready to play for the team that pays him, I think Ray allens injury is probably legit he struggled last year with the same injury. JKidd injury could be bogus never heard about that injury in the Finals probably wants just to rest for the season.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Hopefully MJ will play

I don't think he has another full season in him, and playing in the World Championships would be a nice way to leave the game. Even if he's not what he was, he'll still be better than just about all the Euro players, and half the US players. The only Euro's who may be better are the ones who play in the NBA, but it seems like half of them won't be playing, just like the US players.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts