Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vince Carter picked up bad habits up in Canada. He's now got to divest himself of them. He can be that much more a superstar; that much more effective - if he corrects those habits.

We all know what some of them are, including his penchant for the wild long-three when working for a better shot is called for. Can you list others?

Reactions:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
wonka137 said:
his lack of effort, thats the only one needed
obviously u lack in common sense **** face. Jeez its unbelievable how people when they need to bag on someone they bag on vince. Blame JKIDD, he is having a bad game. What about his habit of takin threes all the time? There is no need for this thread, and i for one feel it needs to be closed

Reactions:

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
vince would be such a better shooter if he didnt take fadeaways all the time. i know its a habit and has worked for him, but he could be so much more efficient. another thing is that i wish he would run out on the fastbreak and not slow down. sure sometimes he does run it all the way out, but we all know vince likes to slow down and roam on the 3pt line. vince is so good that its hard to really argue against him, but you know vince can be better shooting/scoring wise. i dont expect him to change, but those freaking fadeaways just annoy me (unless if they go in of course:)).

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Actually he didn't pick up the bad habit of launching deep 3 balls in Canada. He just started doing that more & more this season & a little bit last season except he was making them most of the time last yr. He used to just shoot right outside the line instead of several feet out. They are ill-advised shots but he has a nack for attempting the spectacular instead of what is smart & efficient. He's improved his range but I'm getting tired of these 1-4, 0-5, 2-7 kind of showings from the arc each game. He's kind of like Kobe in the regard that these 2 guys can make virtually every shot seem effortless so they don't have a problem jacking shots. They have great confidence but shot recognition & shot selection needs to improve.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I don't understand why people would want to make such a thread, especialy after vc going 10-10 from ft line and made two clutch plays at the end of tonight's game.

Reactions:

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
VC_15 said:
I don't understand why people would want to make such a thread, especialy after vc going 10-10 from ft line and made two clutch plays at the end of tonight's game.
People are merely implying that VC could be a more effective player if he was to smarten up. VC smartening up means that the Nets would have a better chance @ winning the Ship this year. VC was huge again late in the Hawks game but we know he can do better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
l was watching the post game interview and vince was saying he is not scoring that much
because jefferson and the rest have been playing well.
l think taking about 20 shot per game with 41% over the streak
doesnt justify it. You watch him he doesnt really take any pull up jumpers
anymore just some wack fade aways and some one hand floaters.
I think he doesnt work on his jumpers that much.
l plan writing these stuff on his web page ......l see him answer some post sometime.

·
Premium Member
7,222 Posts
VC_15 said:
The game is very unpredicatable. They may have poor shooting nights or might get some bad calls or non-calls; the ball may not bounce their way, but there are a few things they can do for sure. Like play defense, and have good shot selection. That's what annoys the fans. Those deep 3s early in the clock look good when you make them and when the team is up 15+. Otherwise, there's absolutely no reason to take such shots early in the clock.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ummmm, not only did you not point out many flaws, actually only one....but on a TON of occasions his long 3-pters not only go down but seem more natural than any other shot he has.

Reactions:

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
kojo said:
l was watching the post game interview and vince was saying he is not scoring that much
l plan writing these stuff on his web page ......l see him answer some post sometime.
Welcome to the Nets forum.

·
Banned
57,945 Posts
kojo said:
Welcome to BBB.net, sure you'll love it here!

-Petey

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
NBASCOUT2005 said:
Vince Carter picked up bad habits up in Canada. He's now got to divest himself of them. He can be that much more a superstar; that much more effective - if he corrects those habits.

We all know what some of them are, including his penchant for the wild long-three when working for a better shot is called for. Can you list others?
What a crock. Nets have won 11 straight, 33 straight when leading after three [a tribute to the roles vets play], have secured their fifth straight playoff slot and are one win away from the division title and we have to listen to this crap.

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NetIncome said:
What a crock. Nets have won 11 straight, 33 straight when leading after three [a tribute to the roles vets play], have secured their fifth straight playoff slot and are one win away from the division title and we have to listen to this crap.
The team has won a lousy 43 games and you won't stand discussion of how to improve things? Boy, you settle for crumbs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.