Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vince dunk conest article

Interesting article on Vince and this years dunk contest... is he coming back.just gotta read... IMO ..YES... there is one main sentence in the article... you will know what it is. "stay tuned"

Vince dunk contest article

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Vince isn't winning the dunk contest. Just think about the other contestants before even saying Vince is currently the best dunker.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
If Vince does it, he will win.

The only way he has competition is if someone like Kobe or T-Mac enters, too.

Vince is in his own league when it comes to dunking.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>speedythief</b>!
If Vince does it, he will win.

The only way he has competition is if someone like Kobe or T-Mac enters, too.

Vince is in his own league when it comes to dunking.
Why are James and Richardson not in Carter's league?

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
Why are James and Richardson not in Carter's league?
Because they arent as good :cool:

Really, though, J-Rich does variations on the same dunk. If you watch the two contests he's done, he always jumps the same way, he almost always does the bounce-alley-oop to himself, and he almost always finishes with the same hand.

Bron is a decent dunker, but he doesn't have the hang-time Vince has. Now, all I've seen is the high-school McDonalds dunk contest that Bron did, and some of his high-school games that ESPN broadcasted, along with the NBA stuff that doesn't really stand out, but from that I don't see anything close to Vince.

Vince said after he did the contest the first time that he had four or five other dunks that he didn't get to use. I wonder what they would have been.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
BRON and Vince on the same level? :laugh:

DUDE Lebron isn't even CLOSE to Vince when it comes to dunking - either in game or contest. Not to say that Lebron's a bad dunker, he's a great one... but he's no Vince. IMO the closest to Vince are T-Mac, Kobe, J-Rich and Mason - in that order. But Vince IS on his own level.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
With that being said, it's disrespecting a young Michael Jordan, 'nuff said.
Guess when slam rated him as #1 alltime dunker, and Mike #2 they were disrespecting as well? Get real, its common fact that a healthy Vince is the best dunker in history, bar none.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>R-Star</b>!

Guess when slam rated him as #1 alltime dunker, and Mike #2 they were disrespecting as well? Get real, its common fact that a healthy Vince is the best dunker in history, bar none.
Get real? Actually you should get real, because Vince Carter and Michael Jordan are a toss up.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Vince is the best dunker.....PERIOD.....Lebron has show nothing that he could dunk as good as Vince.....maybe a one hand power dunk or a alley oop dunk....but nothing like Vince....

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts

Get real? Actually you should get real, because Vince Carter and Michael Jordan are a toss up.
You must not have read that issue. Adn no, they're not a toss up. Vince Carter IS the best dunker of all time.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Budweiser_Boy</b>!

You must not have read that issue. Adn no, they're not a toss up. Vince Carter IS the best dunker of all time.
Ok, I'm not allowed to say they're a toss up. Basically, I'm not following the Budweiser Boy rule book ;););)

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Vince isn't winning the dunk contest. Just think about the other contestants before even saying Vince is currently the best dunker.
you GOTTA be kidding me. the only person that could give VC a run for his money (if near 100%) is lebron, and only if bron pulls out all the stops. LJ is going to have a lot of crowd and media support but VC can take all the excitement for himself- after all, he is BY FAR the best dunker that the game has ever seen.

on a side note, i can't wait for lebron to pull out some cradles. i know he's been saving them up and he's right up there with MJ and Dr J in getting up off one foot.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SkywalkerAC</b>!
on a side note, i can't wait for lebron to pull out some cradles. i know he's been saving them up and he's right up there with MJ and Dr J in getting up off one foot.
As much as I love LeBron, I am not sure he is up there with a young MJ off one foot. Perhaps Dr. J (if LeBron is impressive) but I always thought a young MJ, along with James White were the best one-footed jumpers I've ever seen.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
BRON?!?!

u think BRON a good dunker?!?! sure he is good... but he ain close to Vince. Even a hurt Vince can kill Lebron!!!

Lebron = Amare in the dunk off.

lebron would be the same as amare. Straight up Vince #1, also one thing i never saw EVER!! was MJ doing a 360!! did he try that?!?!

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Carter and Jordan both did a dunk that neither has done. Carter jumping over a 7'2 and Jordan gliding for 14 or 15 feet. So how is Carter necessarily the greatest dunker of all time? Because he has done windmills? Jordan has done that. Because Carter has done 360's? Jordan has done that, but in a different form. Because Carter has done fierce tomahawks? Umm, I'm guaranteed that Jordan has done way more fierce tomahawks than Carter.
It seems like this is basically a toss-up. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Carter and Jordan both did a dunk that neither has done. Carter jumping over a 7'2 and Jordan gliding for 14 or 15 feet. So how is Carter necessarily the greatest dunker of all time? Because he has done windmills? Jordan has done that. Because Carter has done 360's? Jordan has done that, but in a different form. Because Carter has done fierce tomahawks? Umm, I'm guaranteed that Jordan has done way more fierce tomahawks than Carter.
It seems like this is basically a toss-up. :rolleyes:
nope. it's not even close. MJ was a much better leaper off one foot but that's his ONLY advantage. MJ couldn't windmill or 360 like vince and those are the staple of the dunk comp. MJ's FT line dunk is the only one that even stands up to Vince's, all his others Vince has topped with in-game dunks. cmon, haven't you seen VC's charity games? his other dunk comps? it's not even close.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Originally posted by <b>remy23</b>!

As much as I love LeBron, I am not sure he is up there with a young MJ off one foot. Perhaps Dr. J (if LeBron is impressive) but I always thought a young MJ, along with James White were the best one-footed jumpers I've ever seen.
He's "up there" with MJ because he gets his head up to the same level. he's a few inches taller of course but it's almost as impressive. we have yet to see what kind of distance he can achieve but a big dunk from the free throw line should be expected.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts

nope. it's not even close. MJ was a much better leaper off one foot but that's his ONLY advantage. MJ couldn't windmill or 360 like vince and those are the staple of the dunk comp. MJ's FT line dunk is the only one that even stands up to Vince's, all his others Vince has topped with in-game dunks. cmon, haven't you seen VC's charity games? his other dunk comps? it's not even close.
"Couldn't" do this and that? How do you know? Did you see him attempt to do a Vince Carter-type windmill, and did you notice that it wasn't near Vince's dunks? How in the BLOODY hell could Jordan have done his windmills "better"? WHAT DO YOU NOTICE IN CARTER's WINDMILLS THAT JORDAN's LACKS? No Power? No creative body motion? Pfffffffffffffft..................
And how do you know if Jordan couldn't do a 360 like Vince's? Because it looked more "different" than Vince's? That's one truth behind it, and the other truth is that Jordan never did a 360, but a dunk he did looked similar. SO THERE'S NO WAY YOU CAN SAY HIS 360's WERE WORSE THAN CARTER'S.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
MJ couldn't windmill or 360 like vince and those are the staple of the dunk comp.
Jordan can windmill. That isn't a hard dunk, when you think about it. I'm about 6'1 and I've thrown down plenty of windmills and I figure Jordan at 6'5 or 6'6 with better athleticism than me could do them too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts