Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking these stats, and just found something interesting. Here's Vince against some of the elite swingmen in the league, and how often they go to the free throw line per game.

Allen Iverson
9.4 FTAPG 39%FG

Corey Maggette
8.1 FTAPG 45%FG

Kobe Bryant
8 FTAPG 42%FG

Paul Pierce
7.5 FTAPG 40%FG

Tracy McGrady
7.2 FTAPG 42%FG

Vince Carter
5.6 FTAPG 41%FG

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
that stat should be +2 if the refs just call the game right :mad:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Yeah that Percent and attemps should be at least 2 shots higher...the refs really need to come on strong and call fouls on players who foul vince

·
Registered
539 Posts
did u guys see the way jermaine o'neal foul'd VC right before halftime when they vs'd indy...wow that was like a blatent no call

·
Registered
136 Posts
THE POINT OF DRIVING TO THE BASKET iS NOT TO DRAW A FOUL
BUT TO SCORE

getting to the free throw line is a bonus...not a priority

vince's mentality should never b on drawing a foul

he needs to focus on throwing down that ****

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Good point bjorkman,

Getting to the FT line is just an extra little reward for going to the hoop on a regular basis. You get higher percentage shots and then you get some FT's on top of that. Efficient scoring strategy.

VC's first priority should be getting a good high percentage shot.

What I see as VC's main problem is that he tries too hard to avoid contact and ends up throwing up extremely difficult or awkward shots. So even if there is contact the refs don't want to bail him out on a poor shot attempt.

Jalen Rose went through this same problem when he first came over. But now he goes into the lane trying to get off a good shot and gets more calls because of it.

I think VC needs to run over a few guys that are in the restricted area. The rules are set up that the best the defender can hope for is a no-call. So VC can deliver a hard blow to the defender and get off a clean shot. If the defender leaves his feet it is almost always a foul call. And the defender is also taken out of rebounding position.

I also never see VC do the vet trick of bringing your arms up through the defenders outstretched arm. Easy call for the ref.

Unfortunately VC just HATES contact. He feels every little bump like he was hit with a baseball bat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts