1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

how sweet it is :banana:

BY OHM YOUNGMISUK
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

OAKLAND - Vince Carter took off his wristband and headband and flung them to fans before disappearing into the bowels of The Arena.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/368105p-313252c.html
We Raptor fans know this is just the begining....

Richard Jefferson scored 23 for the Nets, who lost Vince Carter to a strained back muscle. They began a five-game road trip with their first loss to Golden State since a 105-97 defeat in Oakland on Jan. 23, 2003.

http://sportsline.com/nba/gamecenter/recap/[email protected]

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
shookem said:
Must resist urge... to go on... nets board... and laugh!

In other news it is good to see Vince has got his signature move back.....his limp to the sidelines :banana:
:laugh:

Hard to resist the bait.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
personally, i dont think he's as soft as many ppl think. i mean the guy is injury prone, and its not like injuries are laughable..they hurt sometimes. i'm sure if u had jumper's knee and got seriously injured, u'd b wincing in pain like he does. i'd say he's soft on the interior rather than exterior.

·
Registered
287 Posts
He's got the art of the hobbling to the sidelines perfected

It's funny because after he took the shot, and got it in and was hobbling back, the announcer said something along the lines of
"And Vince is wincing as he comes down the court"

"Wince" Carter
is Back Ladies and Gentlemen

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
in the pic they are holding his leg up but in charlz quote it says back musle :uhoh:

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I feel bad for him. What he did was horrible asking for a trade and all. But wishing and being happy that someone is injured isnt good at all. And doesnt make anyone a better person then Vince Carter. As well you would want to be on the same level as a quiter? or lower? I wouldnt. Anyways, I hope he recovers because a back injury hurts. As well I understand what he was going through with his leg. Any injury while playing a sport is hard. Its easy to see him fall down and call him a babay until you feel the same thing. Anyways I wish him the best even though he left this team in the dirt.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aizn said:
personally, i dont think he's as soft as many ppl think. i mean the guy is injury prone, and its not like injuries are laughable..they hurt sometimes. i'm sure if u had jumper's knee and got seriously injured, u'd b wincing in pain like he does. i'd say he's soft on the interior rather than exterior.
<b>Antonio</b> said "Vince does not take care of his body so that is why it will break down."
Antonio is as durable as they come particularily for a big banger.

<b>Vince</b> Said "I have always relied on my own God given talent"

Bottom line vince does not have the fire to stay in the gym year in and year out. He has gone and won over NJ fans with that trip to the first round and a series of hi-light film dunks. Now he will coast again

If Kidd should go down for a prolonged period of time even the Raps could catch NJ in this year of rebuilding.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I just wrote "Toronto part Deux" in the - SLIGHT VC INJURY UPDATE - Thread in the Nets board.

i hope they kick me off

·
Registered
274 Posts
madman said:
in the pic they are holding his leg up but in charlz quote it says back musle :uhoh:

i was thinking the exact same thing...leg, back, it pretty much in the same area :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Originally posted by shookem !

Must resist urge... to go on... nets board... and laugh!
is it wrong that this all brings a huge smile to my face, something like :bsmile:

The Nets fans were so quick to belittle our team when the trade was made, that they overlooked the inherant risk in aquiring an asset like VC. Now as the old jump shooting, injury prone VC has reared it's ugly head, the Nets board is not so bouyant (sp.) now.

BTW...go to the nets board, but just soak in quietly

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
ey yall better chill out who are talkin trash bout vc yo man he aint no softie u guys dunt no wut u guys are talking about dont worry next time we'll see u guys he gonna drop FIFTY on you =)

P E A C E

Reactions: Petey

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
^ I won't go to the Nets board and gloat about this, but remember, here in Raptor land we like VC as much as you guys like Zo.

Reactions: Turkish Delight

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
pinoyboy231 said:
ey yall better chill out who are talkin trash bout vc yo man he aint no softie u guys dunt no wut u guys are talking about dont worry next time we'll see u guys he gonna drop FIFTY on you =)

P E A C E
Asdsgfjsdgj skjsaj asjdgnjsa dsnjnj adsf. AJjc fdsnjg vhswlqepoir. !!!!

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
TRON said:
^ I won't go to the Nets board and gloat about this, but remember, here in Raptor land we like VC as much as you guys like Zo.
ahhh to be a Nets fan, that must suck. everything looked good with the return of RJ and for a while there they seemed like they were actually going to sign some useful FA's. Then the season happened.....thanks for the ldraft picks...

·
All my teams suck
8,686 Posts
madman said:
the pic that was posted in the first post is that of Vince last year in his first game with the Nets. We were playing DET and his leg cramped up. That's why he is holding his leg.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.