Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw something in tonghts game against New Orleans that I have not seens since <b>Vince</b> went down and the Raps reeled of 10 of 12 to make the plays- off 2 years ago... <b>HEART</b>

Even if they had lost tonight I could have stomached it because they went down swinging.

If the last 2 games have taught me anything as an avid hoops fan it is that the team will <b>key off it's go to guy.</b>

When Vince is <b>*that guy*</b> they are listless, undertermined, and complacent. A couple years ago it was Antonio Davis that posessed the team, tonight it was Rose.

If I am Grunwald I try to get a MAX bigman who wants out from a team that needs a boost in attendence and can spare a big man.

Portland has <b>Zach Randalf</b> and <b>Sheed</b> they can spare one in exchange for a super star who can bring some fans back in to the seats. But the Raps may not want Sheed since he they have bosh instead they can flip SHEED into K-MART (NJ has tried to aquire <b>SHEED</b>) who wants out of NJ. This would give the Raps that stong inside guy to compliment the perimeter game of <b>Rose</b>, <b>Marshall</b> and Mo Pete.

<b>SO HERE IS HOW IT WOULD GO</b>
======================
<b>Portland</b> gets -> Vince and an image makeover
<b>NJ</b> gets -> Wallace and rid of K-Mart
<b>Toronto</b> Gets -> K-Mart, the end of the soft era

C'mon Glen you are following the Dumars pattern you know this is the final step. Do it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Raps will never be great if Vince is *the guy* - the captain, the offensive pivot, the tone setter

I like Vince as a guy he is a fantastic person - I just can't stomach his brand of basketball

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
if get T.O gets Kmart, where does BOSH play?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>macro6</b>!
if get T.O gets Kmart, where does BOSH play?
3,4,5 depedning if you want to go small or big. I think they will try to put Bosh into the mould of KG. Dirk since he can also play inside and out.

·
Premium Member
7,239 Posts
You want to trade away Mr. Franchise?

Martin does not want out of NJ:D

If you have to make it work, you have to throw in someone with a sizeable contract from NJ, to match the salaries.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Originally posted by <b>Aurelino</b>!
You want to trade away Mr. Franchise?

Martin does not want out of NJ:D

If you have to make it work, you have to throw in someone with a sizeable contract from NJ, to match the salaries.
ok how about a S&T this summer? I suppose we can wait it is a big descision.

But I think K-Mart may have burned some bridges I have read alot of articles since the playoffs about how unhappy he has been at times.:
http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_4852.shtml
http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_5008.shtml

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
Although yes the raps did show alot of heart you just can't trade a player because the team won a game after he got hurt. That happens in every single sport where a star player goes down the team wins and everyone wants that players head cause "we dont need him" and lets say that doesnt matter if Vince is **** then why would another team want him??? and guess what Portland would not survive on Randolf and Vince and be expected to be a contenter in the west vs front courts such as Shaq, Webber-Miller, Dirk-Jaimison-Walker,KG so they'd probably want another player to develop (Bosh) and that means that the Raptors team would be :

Alvin/Mason/Milt
Rose/Murry
Marshall/Mopete/Curry
K-Mart/Moisio/Bradley
Baxter/Archibald

And this team is supposed to be better??? Sorry but no. The Raptors should not trade Vince Carter

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
How in the bloody hell is Martin at equal values with Vince? Be realistic, atleast propose a player for instance, Baron Davis or Chris Webber.

·
Premium Member
7,239 Posts
KMart and Marshall would be a sick frontcourt, though.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
VC would flourish with JASON KIDD running the point.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by <b>madman</b>!
Although yes the raps did show alot of heart you just can't trade a player because the team won a game after he got hurt.
It's not that - it is how he has lead them into mediocrete in the past and how the team has way better offensive posessions when he is not the 1st or 2nd touch. It's like the guy is too big to coach - I starting to think no one can tell him what to do.

Originally posted by <b>madman</b>!
....so they'd probably want another player to develop (Bosh) and that means that the Raptors team would be :

And this team is supposed to be better??? Sorry but no. The Raptors should not trade Vince Carter
I would never do the deal if it involved Bosh, and I do think Postland would have to take a long look because Vince has a sparkling Rep and is a star so it could help win their fans back.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by <b>PetroToZoran</b>!
Take Portland out of the deal and make it straight up KMart for Carter. :D
fine by me but I though NJ needed to get a BIG back since DEKE is also not there any more.

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
if you wanna trade carter so

traded for a superstar as him is
not for k-mar

i love if ben big ben land in toronto

pg-a.will./mason jr.
sg-rose/mo.pe./curry
sf-marshall/murray/curry
pf-bosh/baxter/arch
c-big ben/baxter/moiso

with this bosh finally play in his natural position and develop better with wallace as professor

i'm pray for carter health i hope it's nothing

sorry my english it's not perfect

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Originally posted by <b>charlz</b>!

fine by me but I though NJ needed to get a BIG back since DEKE is also not there any more.
Nets just signed Eddie Griffin and Nenad Kristic will come over next season. These two could fill the PF and C slots pretty well. They'd only have to be an average froncourt to be a great team. Jason Kidd and Vince Carter would be one hell of a back court.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by <b>PetroToZoran</b>!

Nets just signed Eddie Griffin and Nenad Kristic will come over next season. These two could fill the PF and C slots pretty well. They'd only have to be an average froncourt to be a great team. Jason Kidd and Vince Carter would be one hell of a back court.
Yes I forgot about E-Griff - he makes a the loss of k-Mart a possibility w/out getting a big in return. Plus NJ could use a boost in the attendance Vince will help that I am sure.

·
Registered
375 Posts
you guys are crazy.. trading vince... we'll be in the lottery for many years to come... it's funny how people jump on and off the bandwagon so fast... the guy single handedly won almost half the games for us so far...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts