Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I believe he was 27 pts. 8 assists and 6 rebs. The dude is a monster talent. And in the perfect situation to keep him focused and aggressive. JKidd will not allow a let down. Can't wait to see RJ play w/ the two of them. We are going to brutalize people on the perimeter. All three of those guys will be stronger (and in JKidd and Carter's cases) bigger than the guys they go up against almost every night. Its gonna rock, and the break will be back in full force.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
SeaNet said:
I believe he was 27 pts. 8 assists and 6 rebs. The dude is a monster talent. And in the perfect situation to keep him focused and aggressive. JKidd will not allow a let down. Can't wait to see RJ play w/ the two of them. We are going to brutalize people on the perimeter. All three of those guys will be stronger (and in JKidd and Carter's cases) bigger than the guys they go up against almost every night. Its gonna rock, and the break will be back in full force.
Lets not forget RJ was our best rebounder before he went out too.

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Petey said:
Lets not forget RJ was our best rebounder before he went out too.

-Petey
RJ is a very physical player. Not afraid to mix it up down low, at all. I hope he becomes a fill in the blanks type. You know, on those games where we need a lock down defender, he locks it down. When we're struggling to rebound the ball, he focuses on that, etc....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,047 Posts
*Does dance again with Banana* :banana: :p

You're right, Vince is proving himself not just as a scorer, but as a gifted passer too. He can see the floor, and I think playing with Kidd has really helped him to elevate his passing.
I can't imagine what it'll be like to have both him and RJ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,151 Posts
I'd say the future is really bright.

But we can't rely on the future to save this season. Better make good use of what we have right now, and see what happens.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
22,939 Posts
Just with looking at his stats as a Net:
26.5 PPG (2nd highest season average of his career. 1.2 ppg less then his highest)
5.9 RPG (highest season average of his career)
4.8 APG (tied for highest season average of his career)

He's been doing some of everything since he's been here, and its great to see. The change of scene seems to have put some life back into his game, which is a good sign for the future of this team.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
375 Posts
ToddMacCulloch11 said:
Just with looking at his stats as a Net:
26.5 PPG (2nd highest season average of his career. 1.2 ppg less then his highest)
5.9 RPG (highest season average of his career)
4.8 APG (tied for highest season average of his career)

He's been doing some of everything since he's been here, and its great to see. The change of scene seems to have put some life back into his game, which is a good sign for the future of this team.
That's a really good stat line and to top it off, he's shooting FG and FT at a high percentage. I predicted that he would average 26/5/5 this season... well.. it took a trade to get him to do that.. at least I was close. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,964 Posts
...and the great thing is, we know we'll be good with these 3 guys when they're back, it's not like we're waiting a year or 2 for someone to develop. Krstic has a year under his belt, add the new 4 along with the draft pick. Collins, Vaughn, Z off the bench and hopefully a vet scoring wing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,196 Posts
SeaNet said:
RJ is a very physical player. Not afraid to mix it up down low, at all. I hope he becomes a fill in the blanks type. You know, on those games where we need a lock down defender, he locks it down. When we're struggling to rebound the ball, he focuses on that, etc....
Yes RJ seems to be a very unselfish player. I like how they could alternate on many nights but I'd certainly like Carter to continue playing how he has. RJ can do it all and I think what u said is just what he is. Not to mention, RJ has the knack of getting to the hole. He understands the game and he'll do what's necessary to get it done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
i think we mustn't just look at his stats .

as i've been followed his all career from the unc . i must say that he retuns what he used to be . " all he thinks to do was winning " from brother in law A. Jamison about north carolina days . when he decided to go to draft . i said all people around me that vince carter will be the biggest impact since michael jordan's entry to the league .

at first three years of his career people said i was totally true about that . but after that we both agreed sth. just happened to him and made him a loose guy . an "i don't care loosing" guy . that wasn't really him . since the trade he shows all people he wasn't loose . he just lost it in toronto . ( the love of the game ! )

as a net . i must say he isn't the old vince who can jump over a 7 footer and soar over him in the air , but the return of the "all he thinks to do was winning" guy again .

if we just not to loose kidd and add a versatile pf through out the post season vince will continue to do all again . just hope nets organization won't do the raptors mistakes ( like loosing t-mac ) and keep him happy with kidd believe me you'll all be a carter fan in couple of months . ( god just gave carter the wings. all he needs is kidd to get the driver seat and make him fly :banana: )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,665 Posts
but there is one bad thing to rj's game he likes to shoot when vince first got traded there were some games where he would drive into 3 defenders and take dumb shots when he learns to passout of double and triple teams he will be better
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,337 Posts
orchye said:
i think we mustn't just look at his stats .

as i've been followed his all career from the unc . i must say that he retuns what he used to be . " all he thinks to do was winning " from brother in law A. Jamison about north carolina days . when he decided to go to draft . i said all people around me that vince carter will be the biggest impact since michael jordan's entry to the league .

at first three years of his career people said i was totally true about that . but after that we both agreed sth. just happened to him and made him a loose guy . an "i don't care loosing" guy . that wasn't really him . since the trade he shows all people he wasn't loose . he just lost it in toronto . ( the love of the game ! )

as a net . i must say he isn't the old vince who can jump over a 7 footer and soar over him in the air , but the return of the "all he thinks to do was winning" guy again .

if we just not to loose kidd and add a versatile pf through out the post season vince will continue to do all again . just hope nets organization won't do the raptors mistakes ( like loosing t-mac ) and keep him happy with kidd believe me you'll all be a carter fan in couple of months . ( god just gave carter the wings. all he needs is kidd to get the driver seat and make him fly :banana: )
Great post :clap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
Vinsane said:
but there is one bad thing to rj's game he likes to shoot when vince first got traded there were some games where he would drive into 3 defenders and take dumb shots when he learns to passout of double and triple teams he will be better
I think that's something that could be fixed. Let's remember RJ was the only one taking a lot of shots in the beginning of the season, not b/c he wanted to but b/c he had to. It's hard to adjust that at the drop of a dime.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top