Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"We tried but Vince wasn't feelin it at the time" Slam magazine

this is refering to a fan in trash talk that asked to have a Vince Carter cover and that was his response. WHAT????? did i just read that correctly. vince didn;t want to be on the cover of Slam, i wonder what is going on.. just thought you guys would like to know.. it is in this month's issue... the first letter in trash talk

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dunno if he is an idiot..but that is pretty strange

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Big deal. Vince has had his image on everything already. Maybe Slam was one of the many mags to jump on the overrated Vince Carter bandwagon last season. Or maybe VC is too busy to be bothered to go and pose for their cover. I mean, who cares? It's not like he needs more publicity. He's popular enough as it is (re: All Star Ballot Returns).

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
They could have asked him to come do the shoot around the time when he had to attend the funeral of his friend a few weeks back.

Think before you call him an idiot. "Vince wasn't feeling it" is too vague to make any assumptions about his reasons.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Is VC somehow obligated to pose for every magazine that asks him? That is insane.

The guy is busy. His first focus should be on improving the Raptors record and getting a high playoff seed. He doesn't get many off days.

Who cares about Slam magazine or some fan who wants Vince on the cover. Vince has dozens of covers and posters the kid can buy.

If the kid wanted Vince Carter to come to his birthday party and entertain his little friends with dunks on the driveway hoop should Vince drop everything and do it? That's stupid.

Vince does tons of charity work with kids. Give him some credit.

This thread is lame.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Maybe he's trying to focus on playing basketball!!!!!!! :eek:

how this qualifies him as an idiot is beyond me, be greatful he's not getting caught up in this kind of ****

I'm not "feeling" this thread

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
how is he an idiot would you rather have the raptors in the playoffs or their star player on the cover of a magazine??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts