Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has been discussed repeatedly but I have something to say on it. Vince needs a mean streak, you see other players when they have a monster jam celebrate by roaring and stuff like that but I don't see Vince do it. He needs to start showing a more agressive side to his game, also in the Seattle game can anyone tell me why Vince only took 10 shots in 36 minutes was it good defense or was he just scared.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
I think he does show quite a bit of emotion. It depends on the circumstances. He doesn't act like an idiot everytime he does something like some players we know... cough.. zo... cough....

He played great in the Seattle game. Made the extra passes. He also had a kneck issue from the fall where he couldn't lift his head. I'm sure that had something to do with it.

Why are you upset that the guy only took 10 shots in a game the Nets won?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Vinsane said:
I know this topic has been discussed repeatedly but I have something to say on it. Vince needs a mean streak, you see other players when they have a monster jam celebrate by roaring and stuff like that but I don't see Vince do it. He needs to start showing a more agressive side to his game, also in the Seattle game can anyone tell me why Vince only took 10 shots in 36 minutes was it good defense or was he just scared.
12 FTA came from somewhere, plus his neck was bothering him.

And he certainly struck a pose after the 360 Laker jam.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fly75 said:
12 FTA came from somewhere, plus his neck was bothering him.

And he certainly struck a pose after the 360 Laker jam.
A mean streak I ain't talkin about posing I'm talking about showing emotion to taunt the other team or intimidate them. Like when he dunked on ZO the old vince would of roared to the crowd heck there is stillalot of players that do this wade, t-mac, kibe, and garnett. And with the headband situation why start to wear it at the beginning of a game but to show the opponent you aren't playing anymore take it off I dont get it either you keep it on or you lose it, he is one of the premier players in the league he isn't supposed to be kiddin around anyway

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Vinsane said:
I think VC shows emotion when neccessary. I liked the way he acted after the Zo dunk....if you look closely you'll see as soon as he dunked on Zo he looked straight at the bench as if to say "Yeah, that was nasty" but in a way knowing that he could do that ANY time he wanted to, I loved that. But he gets a mean streak when he needs it...like when the Nets played Chicago last year and Nocioni tried to body him up several times, he took it to Nocioni alot and then put a nasty spin move on him and got the AND1...he started really pumping his fist after that move. Also that nice dunk on Eddie Griffin in Minnesota...he dunked right over him and had the VC "angry man" stare going...so i think he shows emotion but only if he does something spectacular or he's been pushed by someone trying to intimidate him.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
MrCharisma said:
I think VC shows emotion when neccessary. I liked the way he acted after the Zo dunk....if you look closely you'll see as soon as he dunked on Zo he looked straight at the bench as if to say "Yeah, that was nasty" but in a way knowing that he could do that ANY time he wanted to, I loved that. But he gets a mean streak when he needs it...like when the Nets played Chicago last year and Nocioni tried to body him up several times, he took it to Nocioni alot and then put a nasty spin move on him and got the AND1...he started really pumping his fist after that move. Also that nice dunk on Eddie Griffin in Minnesota...he dunked right over him and had the VC "angry man" stare going...so i think he shows emotion but only if he does something spectacular or he's been pushed by someone trying to intimidate him.

every time i see the first dunk that vc did on zo, i am thinking, the guy is going at lowest speed and he still managed to dunk it over one of the top shot blockers in the nba. it looked like he was walking on the beach... he made it seem too easy, and he did look at him in an angry way after he dunked it, i just think that vc dunked over a lot and i mean a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!! of people ( 1999-2002) of ppl, that doing it again is like a routin to him, so thats probably why he doens't that much of emotions.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
VC_15 said:
every time i see the first dunk that vc did on zo, i am thinking, the guy is going at lowest speed and he still managed to dunk it over one of the top shot blockers in the nba. it looked like he was walking on the beach... he made it seem too easy, and he did look at him in an angry way after he dunked it, i just think that vc dunked over a lot and i mean a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!! of people ( 1999-2002) of ppl, that doing it again is like a routin to him, so thats probably why he doens't that much of emotions.
Yeah, it was like a jog into a dunk...when I watch VC try to run I always get the feeling that he's not running but sorta limping or galloping...I dunno it's not a fluid run. I think his past leg injuries may have made him run the way he does. He runs almost as if he doesn't want to pull something...

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Vinsane said:
his neck was broken!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts