Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am from the Detroit metro area, I think i am goin to be driving down during christmas break to visit my cousin in Houston. What is there to do in Houston besides goin to Rockets game (i plan on goin to rockets vs uta game on the 27th) and visiting Yao's restaraunt.

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,849 Posts
well, it will be winter so visiting galveston doesnt seem in order. you can still go down there to check out moddy gardens if you want. you can go to the space center which most people tend to do their first time here. check for any sort of concerts or shows comething through. there are some pretty nice museums you can look at, but that might not be your thing. theres an imax at one of the museums. driving around the suburbs looking at lights tends to be popular for some reason. go to the new years bash downtown. thats all that comes to mind right now. if your cousin lives here, s/he should have some ideas too.

edit: if you ever cant find something to do, getting stuck in traffic should be a fun way to pass the time ;)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Galveston's always a good side trip while in Houston...who can stand those beaches anyway? They have some great restaurants, and MOODY Gardens, as was mentioned, is interesting. The Strand is popular as well.

The Gallaria is a great place to shop and you might be able to get in on some post-Christmas sales on stuff.

I'm sure your hosts will have lots for you to do. Or you can always go to Austin!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts