Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did n e body notice how vlade passing from the highpost was getting us great easy looks? If we had vlade for even 1/2 the season playing the way he does it would give us a easy 7+ wins. Who agrees that Vlade should return?

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
He doesn't make us a great team, but he certainly helps us and does make us better.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think if we had Vlade the whole season, we would have a playoff spot. He is a great passer and while he has looked out of shape for the last couple of games, but he still helps our offense more then Chris Mihm ever did. If he had played the whole season I think he would be in better shape right now and contributing more scoring, along with setting up teammates.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Vlade would have probably led us in assists and gotten Kobe a ton of easy basket, he would have been a prime glue guy for us.

I think if we can draft a rugged rebounding and shot blocking 4 and a defensive minded point we could keep Vlade Dadee around. He's better than Mihm is even at this stage.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Just wondering can Mihm play PF, does he have a jump shot he can hit from the outside ? I think a lineup of Bulter : PG, Kobe : SG, Odom : SF, Mihm : PF and Divac : C would be very good for the Lakers.

·
Banned
8,423 Posts
AnDrOiDKing4 said:
Just wondering can Mihm play PF, does he have a jump shot he can hit from the outside ? I think a lineup of Bulter : PG, Kobe : SG, Odom : SF, Mihm : PF and Divac : C would be very good for the Lakers.

Yeah, that would be good. :yes: I agree.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
What we should do..

PG - Kobe
SG - Caron
SF - Lamar
PF - Mihm
C - Divac

Of course there's gonna be changes tho :laugh:

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I don't like Vlade. Never have and never will. But honestly he could've been such a big help to this team this year had he been healthy. We still would've been a mediocre team since we don't play any defense but would've had a much better offense, getting easier baskets with players moving without the ball instead of watching Kobe and Lamar iso on guys or shooting threes every play.

It'd be nice to have Vlade here for next year but there's only so much he can do now and I'm afraid he'll be a major liability on defense for the remainder of his career.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I think Vlade's biggest value to us is his contract next season. Last year contract players are a hot commodity in the NBA and we need to make deals since we can't replace his contract value in free agency. We can trade Vlade for a equal contract player with 2-years left on his contract. That way it would expire when Brian Grant's does when we will make our supposed run at Amare or Yao.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
cmd34 said:
I think Vlade's biggest value to us is his contract next season. Last year contract players are a hot commodity in the NBA and we need to make deals since we can't replace his contract value in free agency. We can trade Vlade for a equal contract player with 2-years left on his contract. That way it would expire when Brian Grant's does when we will make our supposed run at Amare or Yao.

5 mill expiring isnt as great as it sounds.

I think the lakers should simply work with Vlade, buy out his contract for 2 million, and sign him for an additional year for 1, with a second year option. Vlade knows he isnt worth 5 anymore, and I think he would be willing to work out.

And thats only 1 million agisnt the cap, instead of 5.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
No way Amare is going to leave the suns IMO.

Yao maybe, because there is huge chinese market in LA and cali in general.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
He gives away way too many offensive boards and doesn't protect the rim... yet if his body is still willing he would make the Lakers one of the best offensive teams in the league.

Personally I think the Lakers should bring him back because his contract packaged with George and Atkins might be able to get us a disgruntled vetern superstar or maybe sign someone and take back bad contracts in a sign and trade. Something like signing big z for about 7 mil a year and taking on Snows contract for George, Vlade and Atkins.

Not to mention that even if they don't trade him he's a very good 20 minute a game player and a great teammate.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Jamel Irief said:
He gives away way too many offensive boards and doesn't protect the rim... yet if his body is still willing he would make the Lakers one of the best offensive teams in the league.

Personally I think the Lakers should bring him back because his contract packaged with George and Atkins might be able to get us a disgruntled vetern superstar or maybe sign someone and take back bad contracts in a sign and trade. Something like signing big z for about 7 mil a year and taking on Snows contract for George, Vlade and Atkins.

Not to mention that even if they don't trade him he's a very good 20 minute a game player and a great teammate.
You're talking about doing a S&T deal with the Cavs for Big Z, where he'd only get $7M a year? Cleveland will be willing to pay him a million or so more than that to keep him themselves. We have basically a 0% chance of getting Ilgauskas.

·
Registered
394 Posts
LJD said:
I think if we had Vlade the whole season, we would have a playoff spot. He is a great passer and while he has looked out of shape for the last couple of games, but he still helps our offense more then Chris Mihm ever did. If he had played the whole season I think he would be in better shape right now and contributing more scoring, along with setting up teammates.
I betcha if Shaq played the whole season with The Lakers, they would be in the playoff spot too.

Probably a contender for the title. :woot: :biggrin: :banana: :clap: :rock: :dpepper: :woot:

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
THe way I look at it is...who cares about Vlade.

The guy might have pushed us into the playoffs, but the dude is so old you will never be able to count on him for much. Injuries, slowness, fatigue, end of his career...the guy is basically done and if the Lakers want to move on they need to start looking at other pieces. Dude would make a great backup center, or a guy that can play 30 minutes a game.

How can Buss say he want's to create a running team and then he signs Vlade. That's an oxymoron. The Lakers have no identity. If they want to stay slow and half court, bring Vlade back and give him minutes. If they want to get more athletic and defesive minded, they should use him sparingly if at all. It's time to move on, and Vlade doesn't seem like the guy they need. Too much clinging on to the past.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts