Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hamblen said the Lakers would like to give Divac some late-season minutes and see where he stands.

"If he can indeed play, physically, and his conditioning comes along, we'd like to take a look at him and just see," Hamblen said. "There's a chance that he could be activated."

Divac will exercise his player option for $5.4 million with the Lakers, but the Lakers have the right to buy out Divac for $2 million. Divac wants to stay and get a chance to mesh his game with Bryant's, but he doesn't know what is in store this summer, saying no one but Bryant is assured of a place on this team again.

"He's the only one," Divac said. "Everybody else, that's the business."
From an article in the OCRegister today. There's a thread on this at CL.com. I'm glad to here it and I hope we don't buy him out. Trade bait!!! :yes:

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Smart move by Vladie. I don't think he would get 5.4 million on the open market this offseason after all of the injuries. If I got paid two million to be cut, I probally wouldn't be to worried either. Smart business move by Vladie. Would love to see him play again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts