Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Ricky Davis (Boston Celtics)

Votes: 55 39.9%
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Ricky Davis

<table style="border: 1px solid rgb(1, 74, 1);" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="200"> <tbody><tr><td align="center" bgcolor="#00611b">Celtics Sixth Man Of The Year Award Winners*</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" bgcolor="#e5e5e5">1983-84 Kevin McHale</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff">1984-85 Kevin McHale</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" bgcolor="#e5e5e5">1985-86 Bill Walton</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff">*Award Originated in 1982-83</td></tr></tbody> </table> <table bgcolor="#00611b" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="200"> <tbody><tr><td colspan="3" align="center" bgcolor="#00611b">Top NBA Bench Players</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" bgcolor="#00611b">Player</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#00611b">PPG</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#00611b">FG%</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" bgcolor="#e5e5e5">Davis - Boston</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#e5e5e5">15.7</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#e5e5e5">46.8</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff">Stackhouse - Dallas</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff">15.6</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff">41.1</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" bgcolor="#e5e5e5">Gordon- Chicago</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#e5e5e5">14.7</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#e5e5e5">43.2</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff">Turkoglu - Orlando</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff">14.3</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff">42.3</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" bgcolor="#e5e5e5">Bell - Utah</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#e5e5e5">12.5</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#e5e5e5">45.7</td></tr></tbody> </table>

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Gotta be either Ben or Ricky. I'll go with Ben because I'm a bulls homer :D

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
I'll go with Ben Gordon.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
THeir stats are very close, but Gordon does it in 8.5 less minutes, and also leads the nba in double digit fourth quarters, so he is elite in terms of performance when it counts.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
How can both Ben Gordon and Tyson Chandler be 6th men?

Either way, I chose Ben Gordon.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
7thwatch said:
THeir stats are very close, but Gordon does it in 8.5 less minutes, and also leads the nba in double digit fourth quarters, so he is elite in terms of performance when it counts.
Doesn't a basket in the first, second, and third quarter count just as much as one in the fourth? I didn't realize they suddenly made shots worth 3,4, or 5 points in the fourth. Weird!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Benny Gordon. He has been big for the bulls and a important part of the bulls sucsess this year. he comes on and produces points for his team in limited minutes, sure he shoots a lot but the bulls will live with that as long as he keeps scroing at the rate he does. for now he is content on his role has a 6th man that is what makes him sucsessful and IMO this years 6th man of the year.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
tempe85 said:
Doesn't a basket in the first, second, and third quarter count just as much as one in the fourth? I didn't realize they suddenly made shots worth 3,4, or 5 points in the fourth. Weird!!
Wrong question slick.

One thing that seperates good players from great players, and good teams from great teams, is killer instinct. How do you perform during the closing minutes of the game when all the pressure weighs down on you?

This concept of "crunch time" is simply a reality of the game of basketball. I have exprienced it game situations myself. To deny that it exists is almost an admission that you have never played the game before, or that the only exposure you have had to the game is from reading box scores. From a purely statistical standpoint, there is no difference between a 2 point jumpshot made at the start of the second quarter, and a 2-point-running-teardrop-over-Sweetney-to-win-the-game-at-the-buzzer-in-Madison-square garden shot. In the world of the box-score, there is no difference. In the real world, the is, well, a world of difference. My question is, which world are you living in?

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Premier said:
Ben Gordon averages .532 FGA per minute.
Ricky Davis averages .384 FGA per minute.
Thats a good point. Offensively, Gordon's lower minutes aren't that impressive since he is getting shots up at an extremely high rate. I think last time I looked he was 3rd in the league in FGA per 48, behind only Iverson and Chris Webber.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
JNice said:
Thats a good point. Offensively, Gordon's lower minutes aren't that impressive since he is getting shots up at an extremely high rate. I think last time I looked he was 3rd in the league in FGA per 48, behind only Iverson and Chris Webber.
Not only that, but he's one of the league leaders in turnovers per minute. Gordon's been a great scorer off the bench for the Bulls, but really that's all he does well. Ricky Davis gets my vote, although I would give Gordon rookie of the year.

·
Warrior Spirit!
4,216 Posts
hobojoe said:
Not only that, but he's one of the league leaders in turnovers per minute. Gordon's been a great scorer off the bench for the Bulls, but really that's all he does well. Ricky Davis gets my vote, although I would give Gordon rookie of the year.
Davis gets your vote because all Gordon does is score?

Hate to break it to you, but that's all Ricky does as well.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
CiMa said:
Davis gets your vote because all Gordon does is score?

Hate to break it to you, but that's all Ricky does as well.
Hate to break it to you (I love cliche's), but Ricky Davis is one of the better defenders in the league.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts