Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG RJ is going to Rape the Pacers!!! I say he's gonna drop 32pts on them... who's gonna stop him? Jackson? Artest? NOOO!! Artest can only contain him (and vc) but no way Artest will "STOP" RJ or Vince!

So i say 32pts!

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
I am going to say Richard Jefferson drops 28 points and Vince Carter drops 25 points, both in solid contributions to the team. It is going to be a good game. Lets Go Nets! :clap:

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Lord-SMX said:
OMG RJ is going to Rape the Pacers!!! I say he's gonna drop 32pts on them... who's gonna stop him? Jackson? Artest? NOOO!! Artest can only contain him (and vc) but no way Artest will "STOP" RJ or Vince!

So i say 32pts!
I only hope that the team comes out of this game without any injury to any player. :gopray:

And of course, I pray for a win! :banana:

Reactions: Air Fly

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Lord-SMX said:

So i say 32pts!
I hope he doesn't rape the Pacers. Because w/ the television and the thousands of fans, he won't be able to get away w/ it like K---, and then the Nets will be screwed.

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
SeaNet said:
I hope he doesn't rape the Pacers. Because w/ the television and the thousands of fans, he won't be able to get away w/ it like K---, and then the Nets will be screwed.
:laugh:

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
SeaNet said:
Good one! :laugh: :laugh: :greatjob:

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
With the damage RJ's been doing lately I wouldn't be suprised to see Artest guarding him instead of Carter. Jackson will most likely try shadowing Vince because RJ is more powerful than Stephen. I could see Indy coming in with the mindset of letting Carter/Kidd do what they're gonna do and take out the other leg of the big 3 instead. You can't stop anyone in the NBA but taking away some of RJ's production is key to beating us seeing as how he's a major contirbutor for us in every category. Take away a few points, boards and assists and the Pacers can beat us in a close game. Take away enough and they may just rout us.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
SeaNet said:
lol. fantastic. :cheers:

·
Registered
176 Posts
you have to be playing saying that they may not put artest on vince right? with all do respect to r-jeff but vince is still the focus of every team when it comes to stoping one of the big 3, for example i live here in miami i was at the game the other day and it was really crazy to see miami putting double and 3 teams on vince they where acting like vince was jordan for a minute. and by the way we got rob on that game i couldn't believe my eyes when he got foul and didn't call ****!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
DASKCREW1 said:
you have to be playing saying that they may not put artest on vince right? with all do respect to r-jeff but vince is still the focus of every team when it comes to stoping one of the big 3, for example i live here in miami i was at the game the other day and it was really crazy to see miami putting double and 3 teams on vince they where acting like vince was jordan for a minute. and by the way we got rob on that game i couldn't believe my eyes when he got foul and didn't call ****!

Finally someone who know a damn thing about basketball.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
reganomics813 said:
With the damage RJ's been doing lately I wouldn't be suprised to see Artest guarding him instead of Carter. Jackson will most likely try shadowing Vince because RJ is more powerful than Stephen. I could see Indy coming in with the mindset of letting Carter/Kidd do what they're gonna do and take out the other leg of the big 3 instead. You can't stop anyone in the NBA but taking away some of RJ's production is key to beating us seeing as how he's a major contirbutor for us in every category. Take away a few points, boards and assists and the Pacers can beat us in a close game. Take away enough and they may just rout us.
If they let Jkidd and VC do whatever they want then they are gonna get raped in the butt

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
DASKCREW1 said:
I'm not saying he won't guard Vince at all but I wouldn't be suprised if Artest on RJ wouldn't yield positive results for the Indy. Miami was far from a good indication of how a team like the Pacers will play because the key players on Indy have been togther longer are only missing complementary guys not Shaq. I think there's going to be alot of different defenders on Vince to try to keep him off kilter and Artest will be one of them but out of the big 3 i'd say RJ is the dirty work player who capitializes the most off the attention on the other two. Again you can't contain anyone but Artest has the body and speed to slow him down more effectively than he would VC so why not try and turn us into a 2 headed monster instead by getting into RJ. I think Indy will learn from Miami's double and triple teams and selectively do it and instead guard our guys straightup. They'll try to take the ball out of Jason's hand and try to deny Vince from getting the ball just like everyone else tries to do but putting a superior defender on a guy who gets the scraps helps. Look at RJ's line recently. He's turning into a superstar more and more every game but he's doing so with the help of the other 2. Kidd and Vince have always put up the numbers they are now, those assists and boards that RJ is getting are products of teams honing in on Kidd, RJ and Nenad now too. RJ uses his athleticism to really capitalize on the weaker or slower defenders guarding him much like Marion does in Phoenix. Last year with Amare teams would take Stoudamire and Nash's damage and tried to keep Marion in check and those were the teams that beat Phoenix. When teams focused in on stopping Nash and Amare, Marion did his damage and the Suns killed their opponents. RJ showed in the Bucks game he can be rattled why not send the best headcase in the game at him? Chip away a few numbers off of RJ's latest statlines and we might not have won those close games when he's gone off. Taking away our unslefishness and forcing Kidd and VC to carry the load might just be the kind of gameplan a veteran squad like the Pacers come into tonight thinking.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
squaleca said:
if VC is on no one on this planet can stop him ask well except maybe bowen!! and the refs!!!
The refs are the only ones who can. Bowen barely slows VC down anymore.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
rj is stronger than jackson so i think artest will be on vince to start the game but eventually he will be switched to jefferson. but none the less jackson can't play d so who ever is guarded by him expect them to have a big night

·
6,804 Posts
Lord-SMX said:

So i say 32pts!

Can you tell me the last player to score 30+ against Ronny?...

Go PaCeRs!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
PaCeRhOLiC said:
Can you tell me the last player to score 30+ against Ronny?...

Go PaCeRs!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vince Carter. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts