Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Hurt Squad
4,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tough game... This is startin to prove that the heat without shaq aren't really playing very well

·
Hurt Squad
4,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok maybe they arent doin that bad, but if shaq continues to be out, who knows what could happen? I mean when was the last time the heat lost 2 in a row?

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
They're 4-3 w/o Shaq. Which isn't great, but far from bad either.

Wade played like [edited] today, and I can't believe how dumb his last foul was. It almost looked like he didn't wanna play anymore.

·
Banned
662 Posts
Ya this just proves that Wade is not so Amazing afterall, he really relies on Shaq to do lots.

·
Hurt Squad
4,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the pistons were up by like 15 at one point i think... it was a good effort by the heat... but wade was in foul trouble so he couldnt really help at all with the comeback

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Wade was averaging near 30 and 7 the last six games without Shaq...this game is in no way vindicative of Wade's individual ability. He picked up a lot of silly and blatant fouls, though.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
before this game he was averaging around 30 points, 8 assists, and 56% shooting without shaq. As well as a winning record. He got in foul trouble today, was doubled consistantly and never recovered.

·
Hurt Squad
4,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like A Breath said:
Wade was averaging near 30 and 7 the last six games without Shaq...this game is in no way vindicative of Wade's individual ability. He picked up a lot of silly and blatant fouls, though.
i never said that it was a vindicative of wades ability... i was just pointin out that when your star player that is averaging 30 and 7 without shaq is scoring 5 points in a game... you gotta worry that he just didnt care

·
Registered
16 Posts
This was one bad game for wade thats all, probably the worst of this season......to come back within 3 and stay in the game till the end with our bench players and 1 or 2 starters seems like a great deal.....especially when detroit was playing their starters and also their great bench.

ZO- 10 pts, 14 reb, 5 blocks!!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Well obviously without shaq everyones stats will deplete, and their hopes of being a contender for the title are over if shaq goes down in the playoffs.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Pistons can shut down any star guard.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
If I'm the Pistons, I'm worried.
The Heat almost beat you without Shaq, without Wade, and Zo looked fantastic out there.

I don't think this game was really detroit shutting wade down, as he had too much foul trouble to really get anything going, and I don't know if you can game plan for that as the Pistons given that this is the first time Wade has fouled out all year. Just an off game for him. He was a non-factor. And the Heat still almost won!

This Heat team IMO looks like Championship material. Pat Riley has really put together some great role players around Shaq. And Zo is looking great. Having Zo come off the bench for Shaq in the playoffs and being able to enforce the paint like he did today, is going to be huge against the Pistons.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
last game against the Pistons, Wade had a triple double.

Today was a bad day for him, all good players have bad games. The best ones bounce back and play better in the next game.

·
Hurt Squad
4,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
futuristxen said:
The Heat almost beat you without Shaq, without Wade, and Zo looked fantastic out there.
Did you even watch the game? probably not... just looked at the 8 point win right? The Heat didnt come CLOSE to almost beating the pistons... they gave away a huge lead at the end... not because the Heat were doing so great, just cuz thats what teams do usually when they have a big lead going into the last stage of a game.

If I were the pistons i'd be confident... because they just figured out a way to COMPLETELY make Wade disappear

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
futuristxen said:
The Heat didn't almost win. They got hot from the arc towards the end and Detroit let up on the intensity, but I don't think the outcome was ever really in question.

Also, they didn't play without Wade, he got shutdown, there is a big difference. Last game when he had the triple double the Pistons covered him exclusively with Billups and Hamilton, this game Prince checked him most of the time he was out there. He was completely taken out of his game and commited 2 or 3 very silly fouls out of frustration.

I don't know how much the Pistons can take away from this game, but one thing is for sure: they got into Dwyane Wade's head. We'll see how he responds if they meet again.

Shaq's absence obviously hurts Miami a lot, but you have to play with what you got. Detroit beat a healthy Miami team earlier this year without Ben Wallace.

Detroit was supposed to win today, and they won. I don't think Miami did anything to plant any seeds of fear this afternoon.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Southern Baller Teezy said:
Did you even watch the game? probably not... just looked at the 8 point win right? The Heat didnt come CLOSE to almost beating the pistons... they gave away a huge lead at the end... not because the Heat were doing so great, just cuz thats what teams do usually when they have a big lead going into the last stage of a game.

If I were the pistons i'd be confident... because they just figured out a way to COMPLETELY make Wade disappear
Exactly. I really don't understand some Heat fans happy smiles after this game. Detroit was just ROUTING Miami, and they let up off the gas pedal. I mean, who cares if you beat a Shaq-less team?

What has to worry Heat fans was Detroit ability to shut down Wade. For Miami to beat Detroit in a seven game series, BOTH Wade, and Shaq have to be on TOP of thier games, and then some. Why? Becuase of Detroit absolute DOMINANCE in the other three match-up's.

Besides all of that, I said along time ago, that Miami's biggest problem wuld be Prince, and I was right on the money. I mean at times they had WADE on him. That's a HUGE Mis-match Brown will exploit over the course of a seven game series.

This game went exactly how the Lakers-Pistons series went last year(Minus Shaq of course for this one, but you get the gist) they stopped Wade/Bryant.

I think Detroit's whole game-plan today was to show Miami, that they can stop Wade cold. And they did just that. The way they did it was more interesting to me, 45%RIP, 30%Prince, and the rest Billups/Hunter. New faces each time down the court, to throw him off-balance.

All I know is that Miami has to figure out a way to get Wade going, and how to gaurd Prince. Both those things could be thier un-doing.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts