Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
15 STRONG
Joined
·
27,487 Posts
Ronald Murray has a good month & half and makes it

Caron is MVP of last years game and 3rd in ROY balloting and doesn't....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
well, caron hasnt played well enough so far this year to make it. .....Glad to see haslem gettng some recognition as well as wade though
 

·
Tru Warier
Joined
·
13,699 Posts
Don't worry, Caron might be selected as a replacement for Yao once Yao becomes an all-star starter :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by <b>Yao Mania</b>!
Don't worry, Caron might be selected as a replacement for Yao once Yao becomes an all-star starter :D
players can play in both the all star game and rookie challenge this year...the only way caron will make it is if a player is injured
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Caron_Butler</b>!
Ronald Murray has a good month & half and makes it

Caron is MVP of last years game and 3rd in ROY balloting and doesn't....
You are just proving yourself wrong here. This game about who is playing THIS year, not last year. Sure, Caron was awesome last year, but this year... not so much..
 

·
15 STRONG
Joined
·
27,487 Posts
and Flip was nothing last year, while Caron was one of the best
 

·
15 STRONG
Joined
·
27,487 Posts
and I doubt Yao will play both--is he gonna waste his all-star break by playing back to back nights? i doubt it
 

·
Tru Warier
Joined
·
13,699 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Caron_Butler</b>!
and I doubt Yao will play both--is he gonna waste his all-star break by playing back to back nights? i doubt it
Yah I just caught up w/ the news that rooks and sophs will play both if selected to all-star game...
I honestly don't want him to play both, but I dunno if he has a choice, unless he gets hurt or sumthin'
 

·
15 STRONG
Joined
·
27,487 Posts
Caron has had a good year and 1/4

Flip had about 5 weeks of good ball....

thats fine

Caron will probably be put in once Yao gets selected to start the big game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
rookie-soph game will be on a friday night, all-star game on sunday
 

·
Heat fan since 2001
Joined
·
7,145 Posts
Caron-He has been playing well this past week and should atleast made the sophmore allstar.
But glad to know that Haslem and Wade are playing.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,371 Posts
I believe Mehmet Okur is the reserve for the Sophomore team but he HAS been playing better then Butler this year thats for sure. I want to see Wade go crazy again too bad injuries have kept him udner the radar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts
Caron shouldn't have made it.

Ronald Murray did play an excellent 1-2 months when he averaged 20 ppg, but now he's still averaging 15 points and providing a great spark off the bench for the sonics.

Originally posted by <b>wadecaroneddie</b>!
well, caron hasnt played well enough so far this year to make it. .....
Yup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,477 Posts
he might sneak in, if amare doesnt play i think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,477 Posts
how come odom barely got any votes??
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,704 Posts
Either Lamar Odom or Kenyon Martin will get one of the reserve All-Star spots for the East.

Odom: 16.8 ppg 9.7 rpg 4.2 apg 0.8 bpg

Martin: 17.4 ppg 9.6 rpg 2.5 apg 1.3 bpg

The Nets have a better record than the Heat, but both Lamar Odom and the Heat have been playing better lately. SAR wont be considered because the Hawks have been awful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,724 Posts
Originally posted by <b><< SkipToMyLou >></b>!
Either Lamar Odom or Kenyon Martin will get one of the reserve All-Star spots for the East.

Odom: 16.8 ppg 9.7 rpg 4.2 apg 0.8 bpg

Martin: 17.4 ppg 9.6 rpg 2.5 apg 1.3 bpg

The Nets have a better record than the Heat, but both Lamar Odom and the Heat have been playing better lately. SAR wont be considered because the Hawks have been awful.
Personally, I would like to see Kenyon Martin make the AS game this year.

----------
I'm not surprised that Caron didn't make the rookie-soph game this year, just didn't do as well so far this year as last year. He certainly do not deserve to be there based on his performaces this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,963 Posts
Caron is averaging what, 7 points and 3 rebounds? I don't see anyone on the team that he comes close to knocking off. The closest would be Jaric I suppose, who puts up 8/3/4.5.

If Stoudemire misses the game, then Okur should be the replacement. If someone else is injured, Wilcox or Welsch or Gooden or Giricek could make it. Simply put, I think Caron is way down on the list of guys to make the game. Regardless of what he did last year, this year (which is what counts) he hasn't exactly blown anyone away.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top