Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those who hoped to see Heat rookie Dwyane Wade showing off his athleticism in this year's slam-dunk competition during All-Star Weekend will be disappointed.
But it's not Wade's sore right wrist that will keep him out. He simply doesn't want to participate.
But Wade turned down the offers, saying he is more of an in-game dunker than an exhibition dunker. He said that just months after making extremely difficult dunks, including a between-the-legs show-stopper, look routine in a Heat ''Street Ball'' event during the preseason.

Wade's teammates and members of the Miami staff tried to persuade him to participate, but to no avail. Now that Wade is hurt, he has a better excuse.
Full Article

I would have love to see Wade in the dunk contest but there is always next year. MAYBE .

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
i was hoping he would be in it as well... i think he woulda given Jrich a run for his money, but its good to know he at least got invited

·
Registered
24 Posts
dwyane wade is not a huge dunker, he would not come close to jrich and/or desmond mason....no controversy whatsoever

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
he can go between his legs and he's shown his athleticism during games this season....DWade is a hell of a dunker...but his health is more important than winning the dunk contest

1 - 5 of 5 Posts