Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"ANOTHER SLAM: Oh, you're gonna love this one, too, Raptor fans.

In the aforementioned Miami-New Jersey game, when Mourning had all those points and all those rebounds, young Vince Carter — who also used to play in these parts — had one of his greatest dunks ever.

Over Mourning.

It was so ferocious, Mourning wandered away with his head bowed down and shaking.

How good a dunk?

"One of the top 10 in the whole history of the NBA," was the assessment of Miami guard Dwyane Wade."

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...874&call_pageid=969907729483&col=970081562040

I know we all felt bad about that loss to Miami... but here is just something to smile about. :clap: :angel:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I think he's exagerating a bit. Top 10 VC dunks but not of all time.

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
VCFSO2000 said:
I think he's exagerating a bit. Top 10 VC dunks but not of all time.
It's all time man! at least to me and Wade. :biggrin:

I've seen Vince dunk over so many players in his career but that one was just completley different from the rest...

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Blazer Freak said:
I agree..It wasn't a huge facial I thought.
It was huge, even Zo commented after it, but wondering how many facials Wade's overlooking of MJ's.

MJ's slammed over Deke in his prime, and has called out players he was going to posterize!

-Petey

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Definitely one of the best dunks I've ever seen. VC doesn't actually have that many true facials, so this is definitely one of his best dunks in the NBA.

His first dunk over Zo was a LOT like his dunk over Mutumbo.

·
Registered
52 Posts
VC already had two (I think) jams prior to that on Zo. RJ had one. That's why I like the last VC one so much. He showed absolutely no respect to Zo, went right at him, and "did what he did". The VC scowl afterwards, Zo nearly sent into the seats, and the past Nets/Zo history, all make it memorable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts