Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
clemson is hanging in tough. i haven't seen all that much of it, but clemson only trails by 3 about midway through the second half. top to bottom, the acc is the toughest conference in the country. there are no gimme games. these are going to be some of the most battle tested teams come tournament time. meanwhile, wake forest is desperately trying to remain unbeaten and keep pace for a #1 seed while clemson is trying to pick up a high quality win themselves.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
I'm surprised with how close Clemson is keeping it. Hobbs just fouled out. That's a problem - they don't really have anyone that's close enough to Williams size. Wake's up by 11 right now with under 4 left. I had the opportunity to go to this game, but didn't. What was I thinking??? I really think Clemson will be decent by season's end. Purnell's a great coach.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wake is beginning to pull away. hobbs fouling out really impacted the game. i'm surprised clemson kept it as close as they did. may be they are better than what i realized.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Both are in action again tonight, but I didn't feel like starting two different threads...

Clemson??? This is the team I saw a week and a half ago in Clemson? Big win over Florida State tonight. Granted, it was in Clemson, but Florida State is not the cupcake team they've been the last few years.

That just shows you how tough it's going to be to get a road win in the ACC. So far, NCSU has been lucky enough to pull one off in Tallahassee (ignore my spelling, please), and Wake Forest survived 3OT in Chapel Hill. UVA stayed close with Duke for a while Sunday night. I'm sure I'm missing someone.

As for FSU. That's back to back losses. Not a good way to start. Are they 0-2? :uhoh:

Wake Forest is hanging tough at the moment, but Texas is good - anywhere but MSG :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts