Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you haven't copped Wales new record "The Gifted" do it now! its' dope.

On the album is one of my favorite records called "88" referring to the year Michael Jordan won his first Slam Dunk Contest. There is numerous Jordan references to do with his playing days, his sneakers, and etc Bump this if you're a Jordan , Wale, hoops or hip hop fan in general, this record is a classic.

Also I've linked the song, and a webpage discussing the merits of the lyrical metaphorical content in which Wale pieced together this song. Wale record > Kanye, Mac Miller, and J Cole IMO.

http://www.nicekicks.com/2013/06/13/lyrics-unlaced-wale-88/

·
Lifetime Member
24,723 Posts
I'm not a Wale fan, but the album was solid. Some good tracks with a lot of skippable ones. 88 was pretty nice, agreed.

I'll go Yeezus >>> Born Sinner > The Gifted > WMWTSO

Yeezus is the only one I'll revisit after a weeks time.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not a Wale fan, but the album was solid. Some good tracks with a lot of skippable ones. 88 was pretty nice, agreed.

I'll go Yeezus >>> Born Sinner > The Gifted > WMWTSO

Yeezus is the only one I'll revisit after a weeks time.
We can agree to disagree on the order of albums that were recently dropped. However we both know, there is no denying the effort Wale put in on "88" dope beats, lyrical metaphors, flow, and impact. This song has it all.

Who else here got this new Wale album ? Or is it just me and Ben on this one ?

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
I honestly find Wale to be extremely average.

Nothing he's put out since Back To The Feature did anything for me.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I honestly find Wale to be extremely average.

Nothing he's put out since Back To The Feature did anything for me.
Average ? Well I certainly can understand criticism. I wouldn't throw Wale in the average category. For me this new album is a gem. I think Wale on to something.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Records I recommend checking out off the new Wale record!

1.)"88"
2.) "LoveHate Thing" (feat. Sam Dew)
3.) "Vanity"
4.) "Clappers" (feat. Nicki Minaj, Juicy J)
5.) "Bad" (feat. Tiara Thomas)
6.) "Gullible" (feat. CeeLo Green)
7.) "Heavens Afternoon" (feat. Meek Mill)
8.) "Bad" Remix (feat. Rihanna)
9.) "Tired Of Dreaming" (feat. Ne-Yo/Rick Ross)
10.) "Black Heroes" (feat. Jerry Seinfeld)

All these tracks are great, this album is a lot different than the other out put by Wale, but its an improvement IMO. It's more soulful and has several hits IMO on it including Bad, Tired Of Dreaming, Clappers, LoveHate Thing, and deep tracks like Black Heroes. A few songs are a lil weak, but over all this record is dope, and I can't wait to hear what Wale does next.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do like Bad(s), Lovehate Thing, Clappers and Vanity tho
Both of the Bad's are excellent. I do prefer the original though. You have to give it up to Wale for "88" the record is fire!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts