Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Binghamton has a very legitimate shot at winning the AE next year.

This has been covered on another post, but while I think Albany will have the best talent, Binghamton showed that they figured out how to frustrate Jamar Wilson and how to consistently beat the trap.

If Walker thought there was heat this year based on how they started the year, it will be much worse if they are not one of the top teams next year.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Personally, I found that article very uninformative. It is the same "packaged" crap that comes out of Walker's mouth. "Dream big...." "Get lucky...." Enough with the hackneyed cliches already!!! Figure out what your starting line-up should look like and win damn it!!!

On a related topic, I'm curious to see if Binghamton can schedule some OOC games at home during the month of December. They have never been able to do this and I'm not sure what the reason is for it. We play too many OOC games away at [mediocre] tournaments. I really would like the Bearcats to be able to play 1 or 2 games at home in Dec.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I think the lack of OOC home games in December is because of attendance. Finals week is the second or third week of December which means that student attendance will decrease, and its also near the Holiday season which means any weekend games would probably see a decrease in attendance as well.

Once you get into the end of the month, the students are all gone, which means more empty seats.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I'd guess Binghamton's schedule will look very much like it has in recent years. That's just the way things are for teams that are in the 175+ RPI range. The only people who'll come to your gym are people who have nothing to lose by coming to your gym -- NEC teams, Patriot teams, Ivies with no NCAA inspiration. Just getting a home game against Hofstra this year was probably a bit of a coup -- I'm sure we're going to be playing in Hempstead in '05-'06.

If you look at the schedules of the other AE teams, you'll find that none had more than 3 D-I non-conference home games.

I'd guess that we're looking at 2 or 3 non-con home games. Syracuse could be one if what I heard about originally inking that 4-for-1 deal was accurate.

·
Registered
453 Posts
i think Binghamton will be a very tough team next year, and a strong one in this conference, i have the winning next year.. they should try to get some good ooc games though to get them ready for the conference..

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Bsktbllplayr25 said:
i think Binghamton will be a very tough team next year, and a strong one in this conference, i have the winning next year.. they should try to get some good ooc games though to get them ready for the conference..
Remember, that's what we did this past year, and, as a result, it took us more than half the season to figure out how to win a ballgame. Although I'm not advocating a cupcake schedule, I would like to see a few more cupcakes on next season's OOC schedule, so the team can build some confidence earlier in the season.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After losing the exhibition game to Division II St. Rose, I'm not sure there were many "cupcakes" to be had for the Bearcats, other than the win over Div. III Brockport this past year. That being said, I would agree in principle - play 2 or 3 "majors" and make the rest of the games at least winnable to build some kind of confidence or winning record going into the conference. Nothing wrong with a home game against a good Ivy or Patriot team etc.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Binghamton wasn't able to do particulrly well this year with an NBA prospect 7footer and another very very good AE post player (Adediran) on their team, next year wont be any different with a less talented team.
Its so sad how Walker Flushed the careers of Nick Billings, Alex Adediran, Billy Williams, and Joe White down the XXXXXX.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
ginzo said:
Binghamton wasn't able to do particulrly well this year with an NBA prospect 7footer and another very very good AE post player (Adediran) on their team, next year wont be any different with a less talented team.
Its so sad how Walker Flushed the careers of Nick Billings, Alex Adediran, Billy Williams, and Joe White down the XXXXXX.
You're talking about Billings at his best, which he wasn't last season. The team next year will be better than the team this year. They basically start next season with the same line-up they ended this season with, and that line-up was very competitive. They've got several big guys who should be able to fill the shoes of Adediran.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Thats assuming walker doesnt run this group of players into the groung like the last one... that guy is a train wreck waiting to happen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts