Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Okay, so the Boston Celtics are now10-3 since the second-coming of Antoine Walker, and the local hoop-o-philes are all worked up.

In his first go-round in Boston (and continuing in Dallas and Atlanta), Ant-Walk was infamous for jacking up too many hasty 3-balls, not playing defense, rebounding only when the planets were auspiciously aligned, and being profoundly self-involved. But these days, Celtic watchers are falling all over themselves in praising the new Antoine Walker — a hustling, mindful, cooperative team player and rebounding fool. Walker and Paul Pierce are being hailed as the Celtics' most dynamic duo since the heydays of Larry Bird and Kevin McHale.

But then there's Boston's recent 107-82 loss to the Knicks in New York. The way the Celtics behaved during the game was even more embarrassing than the final score: From the get-go, Ricky Davis led a chorus of trash talkers who asserted, among other things, that Tim Thomas was "garbage".

Pierce declared that the Knicks didn't belong on the same court with the Celts, and that the game "would soon be over". The Celtics' yapping and woofing ceased only when the inspired (and insulted) Knicks blew the game open midway through the first quarter.

Afterwards, none of the participants mentioned the numerous cheap shots perpetrated by several of the visitors, but Thomas called the Celtics "front-runners". And even Doc Rivers was moved to say that his players "acted like a low-class basketball team".
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/3492608

·
Banned
41 Posts
All of these articles are garbage. Walker didn't do half the stuff he is accused of doing his first time around.
Now people are getting on his case because the coach told them to shoot outside shot's because they were playing teams with great shot blockers.

I have to wonder if half of the people commenting on these games are actually watching the games. It is pretty obvious to myself and other's who are watching these games that others are not.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
i think its messed up that when we winning ereyone luvz tha celtics n talkin about a championship but as soon as a slump comes ereyone talkin about how bad we are...i was whatchin sportdesk tha utha morning and couldnt whatch anymore becuase of tha major turn around in people opinions...3 games aint nuttin we still gun have a hella post season....

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
tim thomas is garbage :biggrin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts