Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....that are showing me he really wants to remain a Blazer.

His attitude has definitely taken on a change. I think his wife is really getting through to the guy! :laugh:

Heck, by the 2nd half of today's Blazers/Sonics game, Walton said "I'm a believer", in regards to Sheed's kinder and gentler demeanor. :clap:

Heh, I'm a new believer too. The way things are going, I hope he re-signs. :yes:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Don't ya guys think that Isiah is going to make a huge push for Sheed in the offseason? I get this feeling that Sheed might be swayed with all the sunshine Isiah will blow up his rear end!

On top of the Stephan is a much better PG than Sheed's used to dealing with.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Terrible</b>!
Don't ya guys think that Isiah is going to make a huge push for Sheed in the offseason? I get this feeling that Sheed might be swayed with all the sunshine Isiah will blow up his rear end!

Thomas can blow all the sunshine he wants. Somehow, I doubt that sunshine tied to an offer of the MLE, which is all New York can offer, is going to net Wallace.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Terrible</b>!

I'm sure he'll make a push. But will Sheed sign for the mid level exception? I'm not so sure.

Maybe a sign and trade, but what can they give us? There's not that much left on that team that we'd want.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I had wondered when Sheed had last been tossed in a game previously to his last one. BW said Sheed has only had one ejection in his last 2 years now...

big improvement I think...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I know what you guys are doing! You're starting to believe that Sheed might just get it at the tender young age of 30!

Well he may, but I'm glad we've got Zach and Darius when Sheed sticks his size 18 crazy arsse foot up the fans back sides and breaks it off.

Guys, he talented as hell but just as nuts!

It's like my crazy dog, sure I love him but I make sure to only pet him with Lax gloves on!

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
From ABM's link...

Originally posted by <b>Derrick Anderson</b>!
"I think we should keep him. He's a great asset. Look at what he brings. . . . He is helping this team. Guys like that are needed."
Originally posted by <b>Damon Stoudamire</b>!
"To me, with the way he is playing, I don't think they should trade him. Whatever they are going to do, they might as well wait it out now. Because right now, unless you are talking about the guy in Minnesota (Kevin Garnett) or Tim Duncan, I don't see why you would trade him."
Originally posted by <b>Dale Davis</b>!
"I can't really see them getting rid of him. He's a pretty good player, and personally, I love playing with him. He plays hard and does things on the court that people don't really pay attention to. He's a good passer and plays defense, and that's bringing a lot, considering a lot of scorers don't do all those things."
Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles</b>!
"Without Rasheed, someone would have big shoes to fill. I was already a big fan of his before I got here, but now he is my No. 1 player I love playing with on the court. He is such a leader. He's on the level of Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan."
STOMP

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
You beat me to it STOMP...I want to reiterate what Darius says:

"Without Rasheed, someone would have big shoes to fill," Miles said. "I was already a big fan of his before I got here, but now he is my No. 1 player I love playing with on the court. He is such a leader. He's on the level of Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan."
Wake up and smell the coffee Nash...there is no need to cave in to the "O". If you want to fill seats-win. If you want to win-KEEP RASHEED!

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I think it makes for good team harmony when your teammates are in favor of wanting you around.

This is a good sign.. winning seams to cure all... :rock:

One game at a time... next Utah!

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
To go with all the other player's quotes on Sheed I lifted from ABM's link, here's Omar Cook from Nate Bishop's latest interview...

Originally posted by <b>Omar Cook</b>!
"Sheed's a great guy. Whatever people say about him, you know, he's a real good guy. Easy to get along with, easy to be around. He loves his teammates. Everything you hear, that isn't true. Everything you hear about him isn't true."
STOMP

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
STOMP, that is a great article!

Too bad our own local media isn't seeing the change.

Come on "O"...GET OVER IT!

Stop beating the team down and start lifting them up! Stop being a part of the problem and try being a part of the solution!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts