1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Top Of The Pops
27,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
It's about time a reporter focused more on Wallace's sense of humor and popularity with teammates and coaches, rather than his outbursts, technical fouls and the single run-in he had with the law.

Good article. If Wallace doesn't accept the four-year extension at somewhere in the neighborhood of $40 million, is he gone for sure? Is that a dumb question?

It seems to me that Wallace is weighing these options:

1.) where - do I want to play in Portland and/or leave the question of where I might get traded in the hands of the Blazers' front office? Or, do I want to play some place else, where I don't know the management?

2.) how much - is $40 million over four years an accurate reflection of what I'm worth as a basketball player, or is there a team out there that would want me in a sign and trade for more?

3.) with whom - is my buddy Damon going to stick around and is the salary cutting going to leave me and Zach as the only decent players on this team?

4.) championship - is this really what I'm in it for, and if so, what's the best route?

This is a very interesting time for Wallace and the Blazers. I'd like to see Sheed accept that extension and have the Blazers keep him around, and build around him and Z-Bo into the future.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>Public Defender</b>!

This is a very interesting time for Wallace and the Blazers. I'd like to see Sheed accept that extension and have the Blazers keep him around, and build around him and Z-Bo into the future.
I like to see that, too. Wallace and Randolph compliment each other nicely, and you can't have too many talented big men.

Trade away Wallace / let Wallace walk, it's quite likely Portland won't get another big man as talented as him to team with Zach for a long time, if ever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.