Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Im right here... i didnt say he wasnt a good passer, but hes still not one of the best in the league...

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
I used to think that Luke Walton wasn't a great passer, and I don't think he was at the beginning of the season.

However, after seeing the two games in Toronto and Orlando, it's become apparent that Mr. Walton indeed has learnt to pass the ball very well.

·
Registered
211 Posts
i think that one where he threw the pass through his legs right after touching had to be one of the best passes of the year. He didnt even look he just knew kareem was there.

·
20,601 Posts
Still not one of the best passers in the league :cool:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!
Still not one of the best passers in the league :cool:
Yeah, that's because he's only played like 40 games. He'll earn his reputation soon.

·
Registered
378 Posts
:D

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
Originally posted by <b>lakersalltheway</b>!
i think that one where he threw the pass through his legs right after touching had to be one of the best passes of the year. He didnt even look he just knew kareem was there.
if he diddnt complete that pass, we would all be hammering him for turning the ball over

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
It's quite a stretch to just start calling a rookie the best passer in the league, especially when he is just a backup and doesn't even get much PT in the first place. Still, Walton has shown that he's got his fundementals locked down, passing in particular. He's a nice young rookie for any team to have. :yes:

(I'm actually now a lil' glad that we managed to draft him in the first place :D )

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Damian Necronamous</b>!

Yeah, that's because he's only played like 40 games. He'll earn his reputation soon.
The guy can pass, but lets not go overboard, hes not close to the best in the league.

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
that was his point, he is only a rookie but in a few years he will be known league wide as a great passer

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Cris</b>!
that was his point, he is only a rookie but in a few years he will be known league wide as a great passer
Yup, that day will come...

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im right here... i didnt say he wasnt a good passer, but hes still not one of the best in the league...
I never said he was one of the best in the L, I said he was one of the best in the L at his position, the 3. He is, though obviously he needs PT to prove it to people who don't watch him all that much (see: most non-Laker fans).

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Looks like he is a good passer... :bsmile:

Monday, February 9, 2004

Cool hand Luke

Walton's passing and six assists help the Lakers rally in the fourth quarter and defeat the Magic, 98-96.

By KEVIN DING, The Orange County Register

ORLANDO, FLA. – Before Rick Fox, Derek Fisher and Gary Payton took turns closing the Lakers' biggest come-from-behind victory of the season, their baby-faced rookie led an uprising that could tip the scales on a season.

Luke Walton's unselfish play alongside four other Lakers reserves Sunday brought the team back from a 14-point deficit after three quarters and narrowly averted disaster against the worst team in the NBA. Walton had six assists in the first seven minutes of the final period, and the Lakers survived Tracy McGrady's 35 points for a 98-96 victory over the Orlando Magic.

"Thank God for Luke," Shaquille O'Neal said afterward.

O'Neal's stepfather, Phil Harrison, expressed similar sentiment with 5:56 to play, when he provided a one-man standing ovation for Walton&Co. - ignoring the hushed Orlando fans near him.

Against a team that started this season 1-19, the Lakers trailed by 18 points late in the third quarter - with O'Neal and Fox being sliced up repeatedly by McGrady on pick-and-rolls.

But just when Lakers coach Phil Jackson might have been wishing he had sent the team to Tony Robbins' weekend self-help seminar at the Orlando Convention Center, Walton helped everyone with the passing wizardry he regularly shows in practice.

"To transfer it over to a game is a lot of fun for me," Walton said.

http://www2.ocregister.com/ocrweb/o...RTS&subsection=SPORTS&year=2004&month=2&day=9

·
20,601 Posts
I never said he was one of the best in the L, I said he was one of the best in the L at his position, the 3. He is, though obviously he needs PT to prove it to people who don't watch him all that much (see: most non-Laker fans
FOR THE LAST DAMN TIME, I WATCH LAKER GAMES! And its a little hard to say a player is the best at something, when he only plays 9 minutes a game...

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

FOR THE LAST DAMN TIME, I WATCH LAKER GAMES! And its a little hard to say a player is the best at something, when he only plays 9 minutes a game...
Sure you do, just like you watched the Kings not play the Lakers in the 2000 playoffs.

·
20,601 Posts
Somedays i think someone may say something of relevance, or something that makes sense... but NO, its always something either stupid or... stupid...

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Somedays i think someone may say something of relevance, or something that makes sense... but NO, its always something either stupid or... stupid...
Yeah, sure, just like when you watched Jason Williams not play for the Kings in 2000.

·
20,601 Posts

1 - 20 of 26 Posts