Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another C's website I post on wrote a decent article about how the Celtics should trade for KG. The cool thing about it is they have a pic of KG in a celtics uniform that I thought I would share. Not saying it is amazing or anything just thought some of you might want to see it. Link is http://www.celticspride.net and the article is on their main page under the news section. Peace!

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
TAllen42 said:
I do not. Doc turning Gomes into an SF is a terrible idea.

EDIT: Grammer
Having KG and therefore finding minutes for Gomes would be a bad thing? I think we could work that out. I love Gomes and am excited to see what he'll become. But not to the point that I'd turn away KG.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
without giving up pierce???...im all for it...
The only way that would be possible would be the Wolves going for the full youth movement, in which case guys like West/Green/Gomes/Allen/Perk/Al/multiple picks would have to go. Pierce + Garnett + filler is an instant challenger in the Eastern Conference, though.

·
Where he belongs...
3,813 Posts
P-Dub34 said:
The only way that would be possible would be the Wolves going for the full youth movement, in which case guys like West/Green/Gomes/Allen/Perk/Al/multiple picks would have to go. Pierce + Garnett + filler is an instant challenger in the Eastern Conference, though.

lets do it...

and we wouldnt have to give up all 6 guys and picks to get KG...i believe 2 or 3 of the above mentioned names plus raef plus a first rounder would suffice...im tired of wainting to be a contender how bout all of u???

Reactions: Floods

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
There is NO way the Wolves take, say, Al + Perk + Raef + picks for KG. Absolutely no chance.

Reactions: Floods

·
Registered
654 Posts
You never know, I loved McHale as a player, but his moves? Yikes. Some of them are big time head scratchers.

And btw, I love Gomes, but I'd be all for him moving to SF or getting less minutes if it meant KG by Pierce's side each game.

·
Where he belongs...
3,813 Posts
P-Dub34 said:
There is NO way the Wolves take, say, Al + Perk + Raef + picks for KG. Absolutely no chance.

didnt the nets get vince carter for eric williams and picks???

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Totally different situation and you know it. Carter was tanking. Garnett is still trying to carry a team on his back.

Carter was 16/3/3 on 41% shooting when he was traded.

Garnett's 22/12/4/1/1 on 52%, and, if he had a team around him like he did in '03-'04, would be contending for MVP again.

·
Where he belongs...
3,813 Posts
P-Dub34 said:
Totally different situation and you know it. Carter was tanking. Garnett is still trying to carry a team on his back.

Carter was 16/3/3 on 41% shooting when he was traded.

Garnett's 22/12/4/1/1 on 52%, and, if he had a team around him like he did in '03-'04, would be contending for MVP again.

ur completely right they r totally different situations im just saying that its possible especially if minn wants tyo try a youth movement of their own with al and perk and tony etc...no it probably wont happen...but ya never know...

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I suppose it is possible, just insanely unlikely.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.