Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=fanball-knicksrumormillconti&prov=fanball&type=lgns

Rumor mill continues to churn

President Isiah Thomas confirmed on Thursday that he is prepared to make more changes to the Knicks' roster, the New York Daily News reported. Already having pulled off the trade to get Stephon Marbury, Thomas is reportedly working on offers for Portland's Rasheed Wallace and Cleveland's Darius Miles.

"We want to win, that's our goal," Thomas said. "Right now, we have a losing record. To expect me to sit here and accept losing and say we're not going to make changes, I'm not going to do it. I'm not cut out that way." The Daily News reported on Thursday that Keith Van Horn, Frank Williams, and Michael Doleac are the players that Thomas is trying to move.

Why or why not?

Miles? Why or why not?

Wallace? Why or why not?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Chicago trades: eRob and JYD
NewYork trades: KVH
TRADE ACCEPTED

Just thinking out loud :D

·
Registered
640 Posts
While we are at it..

We should bring Back Brad Miller @ center, bring in Christian Laetnerr @ PF and also Brent Barry @ SG.

Trade all the 3C's, AD and Fizer ( There all bums right?)

We could have a starting line-up of.....

PG - K. Hinrich
SG - Brent Barry
SF - K. Van Horn
PF - C. Laetnerr
C - B. Miller

Wow, doesn't that make you want to run out and buy season tickets!

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Chicago N VA</b>!
While we are at it..

We should bring Back Brad Miller @ center, bring in Christian Laetnerr @ PF and also Brent Barry @ SG.

Trade all the 3C's, AD and Fizer ( There all bums right?)

We could have a starting line-up of.....

PG - K. Hinrich
SG - Brent Barry
SF - K. Van Horn
PF - C. Laetnerr
C - B. Miller

Wow, doesn't that make you want to run out and buy season tickets!
I sense a tinge of racism in this post. :yes:

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Lakers could use a guy like Van Horn. We don't have much to trade, but maybe we could get rid of Fisher.

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
that "all-white" starting lineup would win more games than our current cast of characters. :sigh:

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Van Horny: No. Talented offensive player w/range, size, handle, and inside/outside game. A defensive liability at the 3. Does not deserve max contract, and I don't want to pay it for two more years after this year.

Wallace: Conflicted. Would like the flexibility to have a salary that large come off our books next year. It would be almost impossible to acquire him. We would have to trade Erob, Davis, and someone of a lot of value (probably Curry). In which case, I wouldn't do it. I don't really want anything to do with him, but his expiring contract is enticing.

Miles: Sure I'd take him. He's a very small risk. He has a small salary and his contract is expiring, and we would have his Bird rights. Unless Ronald Dupree keeps lighting it up for us, we still haven't found a long term answer there. I remain hopeful that he will be a good player down the road.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I agree, Van Horn is the kind of guy we could use. It opens up the opportunity for him to utilize his outside shot. But, his lack of defensive ability might keep him on the bench, especially with Skiles at the helm.

Miles, ugh! We don't need any more high schoolers with high potential that will probably never be reached.

Wallace I would not go for. Never liked him, never will. Might turn out to be a horrible influence on the three "C"s.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!

What does that have to do with all the other white players you suggested we have in our starting 5?
Look over the history of threads of posters on what players the Bulls should bring in here...

Anyway that's neither here no there, I was saying it in jest!

Nothing to be taken seriously. :angel:

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Fizer for Miles... but that made too much sense for both teams.

Don't want Van Horn and only want Sheed if he never attends a game and it clears cap space for us, which means trade AD. But I really like AD. Too bad we can't restructure his contract.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I had my fill of Van Horn when he was with Philly last year. He is constantly traded for a reason, in spite of what appear to be solid stats....he sucks. Plain and simple.

Miles...He knows less than ERob about how to play basketball. Significantly less. The Bulls don't have the patience to get the best out of Miles. So, no.

Wallace: Yes. He's one of the most gifted players in the league. Plain and Simple.

I don't think we have anything that New York or Cleveland wants. Cleveland wants to bring in low salaried hard working veterans. Our hard working veterans are fairly high salaried. I think Miles will probably be a throwin in some major trade involving Z.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
how about

van horn for antonio davis

tha salaries match ya know

wait dont tell me its too simple

zeke is looking for an inside player to replace mcdyess

the bulls need an outside shooter at the 3

the salaries match no need for extra players gumming up the works

cant possibly work out

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
How important is defense to you? Because if we sacrifice AD or JYD, you are trading toughness, rebounding and defense for finesse, offense and someone who shies from contact/confrontation.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
Originally posted by <b>airety</b>!
How important is defense to you? Because if we sacrifice AD or JYD, you are trading toughness, rebounding and defense for finesse, offense and someone who shies from contact/confrontation.
KVH avg. 7.4 boards a game from the 3 spot thats probably only behind marion for small forwards ...he cant be that afraid of contact...and seein as its from a spot that generally doesn't give much rebounding its made up

for instance ad and lets say erob dont rebound as well as the duo of KVH and curry

so van horn along with whoever is at the 4 can make curry's flaws as a robounder even less important

and in the scheme of things davis is only supposed to be playing 20 minutes a game whereas you can play van horn 35 min. at the 3

KVH is more useful , he's younger and he fills the bulls needs as a shooter from the outside plus his contract is the equal of davis so no one else has to go for the deal to work

1 - 20 of 27 Posts