• Carlos Boozer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide what the overall consensus is on this board of what Big Man people want on this team. Who would help this team out the most? Please list in order from most to least of who you want on this team. Thanks!

Bosh,Jefferson, Amare, Boozer

Note
Al Jefferson is included although he is not a FA b/c there have been talks that he is on the trade table.1) The team liking Love and 2) Minnesota is a small market that is $40 mill above the cap.
Help me out. Can Jefferson play PF?

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
I like Jefferson but his contract would hurt us. He also doesnt run.

Of the 4 listed, I prefer Bosh. He fits better with the core we have. After that in order are Amare, simply because I am scared of Boozer. He has been hurt a lot, yet his contract year, he is playing. That has to be a red flag. I list him after Amare, although I think Boozer has a better post game and rebounds better. Last is Jefferson simply because of his contract.

Bosh would help us more. Rebounds, scores and runs the floor.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't Jeffersons contract be significantly less than Amare and Bosh's though? I read on insidehoops the other day that Amare is asking the Suns right now for a Max Extension. We could trade Deng for Jefferson and that would be a sure thing, where Bosh and the others are not. Also, we could still have cap space to sign a SF to replace Deng. Maybe Rudy Gay? Also, I like the rotation of Jefferson, Noah, and Gibson b/c I think Jefferson could play both positions. Since he isn't in as good of shape as Noah or Gibson, he would be the 1st one subbed. Then, he would come back in at C for Noah. Basically, are starting PF woud also be our backup C. I understand he isn't a runner, but aren't we looking for someone to score down low when we are playing slow ball and not looking for another pogo stick who can easily be pushed off the block. With Gibson/Noah, we could still play fast.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
I'd like Bosh, I don't think there is any chance that we go after Boozer. Amare wants a max deal and just isn't the same because of age or injury. I'd like us to make a run at David Lee if Bosh falls through. I also don't see us having any interest in Boozer after Pax badmouthed him to the media after that fiasco in Cleveland.

ACE

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I think everyone here wants Bosh, but Stoudemire is still easier to obtain. I don't think too highly of Jefferson; with all the good numbers he's put up the past three seasons the Timberwolves are still horrible. He's just a taller version of Elton Brand.

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Stoudemire. Him with a running Rose, paired with Noah's D and rebounding = best fit. This is assuming he is healthy.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Short Term Bosh, Long term Bosh.

The guy uses his great length and athleticism now as a youngster but hes so skilled that even down the road when he does slow down his developed turn around jumper and 15 footer is going to expand his shelf life as a productive player.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Stoudemire. Him with a running Rose, paired with Noah's D and rebounding = best fit. This is assuming he is healthy.
I dont know why people think we are a running team, we RARELY drive the basket at a significant pace. Chris Bosh is the best fit because he CAN run and he would be absolutely deadly in the pick and roll.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Bosh is the only correct answer here. And i'm pretty sure he's itching to get out of Toronto and play for a larger market. Plus we are a perfect fit for him. I really think we have a shot to nab him in the off season.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Bosh is the only correct answer here. And i'm pretty sure he's itching to get out of Toronto and play for a larger market. Plus we are a perfect fit for him. I really think we have a shot to nab him in the off season.
Bosh actually likes Toronto and from what I hear it's a nice city...

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Bosh actually likes Toronto and from what I hear it's a nice city...
Yeah I dont think the City is the problem, Toronto seems like a very nice city.

Only problem is its not in the US, hes far away from his family probably and in the time hes been there they haven't come close to competing for a title. Chicago, Miami, NY are way bigger markets which in the long run only make him more money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts