Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Nets officially signaled that they are the playoff team to be reckoned with last night, not just an ambitious little brother lucky to be tagging along with the two other division leaders.
The streak has changed everything, and the Nets have clearly grown as a team. A little less than a month ago, the Nets were the NBA's answer to a frosted doughnut, a team overloaded with sweet stuff on the outside but empty in the middle. No longer, not with the way Krstic has been playing. Everything seems to have suddenly clicked for the second-year center. Surest sign Krstic is playing well? Shaq's most notable move last night came after the game when he whined about the officiating.
Krstic's play, combined with the powerful trio of Carter, Jason Kidd and Richard Jefferson on the outside, gives the Nets an inside-outside game that only the Heat and Pistons can rival. And no one in the league can rival the number of big-time superstars the Nets have on the perimeter.
From: http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...03,0,7971345.column?coll=ny-sports-columnists

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
I keep watching that Kidd-to-Krstic to RJ fast break and wonder to myself, when was the last time a 7-foot center ran a fast break in which he was able to 1] run with the team's point guard, 2] handle a look away pass at top speed and 3] in the same motion execute a perfect no-look pass to a cutting teammate for a dunk.

I don't think we yet understand how good this kid can be. Hell, HE may not yet understand how good he can be.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
NetIncome said:
I keep watching that Kidd-to-Krstic to RJ fast break and wonder to myself, when was the last time a 7-foot center ran a fast break in which he was able to 1] run with the team's point guard, 2] handle a look away pass at top speed and 3] in the same motion execute a perfect no-look pass to a cutting teammate for a dunk.

I don't think we yet understand how good this kid can be. Hell, HE may not yet understand how good he can be.
agree. i was upset at seasons start because i thought krstic didnt want the ball and just took the open shot. as the season has gone on he got more confidence and hes at the point now where he wants the ball to either shoot, pass or make a play for somebody else. he has also gotten tougher as the year has gone on and his defense has been so much better. we gotta lock him up a.s.a.p.

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
NetsanityJoe said:
agree. i was upset at seasons start because i thought krstic didnt want the ball and just took the open shot. as the season has gone on he got more confidence and hes at the point now where he wants the ball to either shoot, pass or make a play for somebody else. he has also gotten tougher as the year has gone on and his defense has been so much better. we gotta lock him up a.s.a.p.
im sure thorn will. when does his contract expire?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.