Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, here is my analysis of what the Warriors should do.
First, I clean house. I get rid of St. Jean, Fitzsimmons, and everyone else running the team. The reasoning is we cannot keep the tradition of losing on the team. We need to get rid of those ties to the past and let our young guys grow without the dark cloud(s) hanging over their heads. Bring in Chris Mullin and Rick Barry. Guys who know what it takes to win and who want to be with the club. Sure, we do not know what they will be like, but at this stage could they be worse than St. Jean and Winters? St. Jean admittedly has had two good drafts, but so should anyone with the draft positions we have had in the last two years. St. Jean is average, at most. A great guy, but incapable of delivering us to the playoffs. He has been the GM for 5 years now, and we have only gotten worse. Then, I get rid of Antawn. I am not denying the fact that he can do damage on the offensive side playing the 4 spot, but the man cannot play D. Despite how athletic he looks, he is somewhat lacking in the athleticism department. He is a little too small to size up against the Western Conference's amazing 4's, but too slow for the 3's. He is stuck in never never land. Furthermore, he is now entering his 4th season, and he has shown absolutely no leadership skills. Yes he has stated he wants to turn the franchise around and yes he appears to be a great guy off the court, but we need someone who can lead us to the promised land, not come along for the ride. Furthermore, the warriors have promoted him as their #1 guy, but in reality he should not be more than our #2 or #3. More specifically, he is useful as our second or third option, but he is incapable of being a go to guy. Even though I like the guy, it is time to end the relationship and trade him. Next, I would gradually begin cutting the deadweight, i.e. Dampier, Mills, Sura, Fortson. Mills and Sura we should probably hold onto as their contracts expire in a year opening up cap space, but Dampier and Fortson are extremely overrated. I think all would agree about Dampier as he is good for about 20 games a season, but Fortson is abominable. All he can do is grab rebounds. He cannot create offensively, and he cannot play D. The Warriors are slowly beginning to restore faith in their fans, and with another good draft, the Warriors are starting to have a future we can look forward to instead of dread.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts