Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As nice as the Warriors' record is, I think we could make improvements:

- 3-pointers: Why are we shooting so many 3's when we're something like 13th in the NBA on those? I think we should only shoot ones that are wide-open or when we really need them (like the end of the game). In the last two games we've been very inconsistent...I find that we do a lot better on 3's when we just shoot open ones.

- Regular shots: We were hitting barely over 20% late in the game against Chicago and early against the rematch against New York. Seriously...there can't be an excuse to be down 13 points against a 0-5 team.

- Free throws: FT's are getting better recently, but that may be the luck of the draw. I'd like to see them keep practicing and improve on that 63% to perhaps 80%.

- Dunleavy: What's up with him lately? Do we need to cut his time so that Pietrus gets more time off the bench or something? I'm not sure what, but he really needs to step up his game.

Defense has been pretty good, so I don't have complaints there. It's nice that Monty has gotten them to focus so much on defense...it makes for a lot of fast break points.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Have anything to add?

·
Registered
614 Posts
3pt shots: I'm guessing that at least 2/5 of those 3 pt shots come from Baron Davis. He's not healthy, so his already large amt of 3pt attempts will go up until he is healed up.

FT: I have never seen a team in the NBA shoot that badly for a whole season, except for the Shaq teams, which is obvious why. The FT% will go up, at least to the low 70's very soon.

Dunleavy: Just saw him shoot another airball in Pheonix. How is Montgomery going to stick with Dunleavy until he defers to Pietrus?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunleavy seems to be a bit better now...hope he stays that way.

Some scary stats:

FG% per game = 27th out of 30th
FT% per game = 27th out of 30th
3 point FG% per game = 23rd out of 30th
Assists per game = 24th out of 30th
Opponents' rebounds per game = 29th out of 30th

Ouch...? If it weren't for our defense and key shots in the 4th quarter...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts