Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warriors @ Bucks
11/16/05
7:30 PM PST
TV: Fox Sports Bay Area
Radio: KNBR 680AM

Warriors Starters: Baron Davis, Jason Richardson, Mike Dunleavy, Troy Murphy, Adonal Foyle
Bucks Starters: TJ Ford, Michael Redd, Bobby Simmons, Jamaal Magloire, Andrew Bogut
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts
I got the warriors for this, like I always do. Hopefully Mo Williams and Redd won't put up the points they normally do.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,651 Posts
I hate to say it...i think we lose tonight.

I was at the game Monday night, and didn't really realize we were blowing them out by the way we played. One thing's for sure--we're a lot grimier and scrappier team than we were at the end of last year. The offense seemed to flow a lot smoother in the 2nd half, with the W's seemingly making a more concerted effort to get to the hole (as opposed to shooting jumpers).

I still think the offense is a work-in-progress, though.

The Bucks, on the other hand, just had their a**es handed to them last night at the Staples Center. Because of that, their starters got a good rest and come into the back end of this back-to-back in good shape to run up and down the court.

I think we'll see more offense from the W's than we have in recent games vs. New York and Chicago. I think, however, we (once again) fall in love with the outside shot, and won't nearly have the success from outside as we had at the Bradley Center.

Warriors 110
Bucks 116
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,280 Posts
bruindre said:
The Bucks, on the other hand, just had their a**es handed to them last night at the Staples Center. Because of that, their starters got a good rest and come into the back end of this back-to-back in good shape to run up and down the court.
Explanation, please?

I think it's going to be difficult for us to top our performance in Milwaukee. Think we might lose this one as well, for most of the reasons bruindre has mentioned.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,651 Posts
Yoyo said:
Explanation, please?

I think it's going to be difficult for us to top our performance in Milwaukee. Think we might lose this one as well, for most of the reasons bruindre has mentioned.
Sorry...I figured last night's box score from the Bucks/Clippers game was evidence enough. I was watching the game last night and the Bucks got ran out of Los Angeles in the 2nd half--most of Milwaukee's "A" group rested in the 2nd half of the game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,280 Posts
Warriors down 72-59. My worst fears have been confirmed up to this point.

Edit: Well, whaddaya know...we end up losing 90-87 because Baron misses a 3. Blah.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,783 Posts
halfbreed said:
The team is too obsessed with the 3 ball right now. It's getting ridiculous.
The funny thing is that they know that they're shooting too many 3's. I've seen post game interviews with Jrich and Baron where they specifically say that they're shooting too many 3's and that they should instead be working to get better shots.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,651 Posts
ssmokinjoe said:
The funny thing is that they know that they're shooting too many 3's. I've seen post game interviews with Jrich and Baron where they specifically say that they're shooting too many 3's and that they should instead be working to get better shots.
Am I the only one pissed about this?

"Yeah, we know we're doing the wrong thing...but we're going to keep doing it."

And another stellar performance by Dunleavy. I'm not saying the guy sucks...but damn, dude. Get in where you fit in already! (Maybe that's not w/ the W's)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,280 Posts
If the Warriors keep shooting so many 3's, it's only going to remain a problem.

Yeah, often they make 3's when they really need it, but it's still way too many.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bruindre said:
Am I the only one pissed about this?

"Yeah, we know we're doing the wrong thing...but we're going to keep doing it."

And another stellar performance by Dunleavy. I'm not saying the guy sucks...but damn, dude. Get in where you fit in already! (Maybe that's not w/ the W's)
Yeah, I'm pretty much over Dunleavy right now. They should've made him earn his 44 mil.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,420 Posts
Saved Baron, I think the team has torn down their 3-point shooting volume last night, although it didn't result in better scoring opportunities because guys had little idea what to do next.

Baron forced things last night when a couple of his early shots didn't go down. He was mentally out of the game and it caused us big.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top